What music do YOU work out to?

Options
kellehbeans
kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
What sort of things do you listen to when you're lifting, running or any other activity? Does your class instructor put on anything that is particularly motivating?

I think my favourite is definitely Rihanna - Where Have You Been at the moment. My zumba instructor uses it and I'm not a big fan of Rihanna!

Replies

• JordanWhibbs
    Options
    My first start of song is R U Mine by The Arctic Monkeys, and then things like P.O.D, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, The Hives..

SO mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Rap and some Dubstep! :)
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    My first start of song is R U Mine by The Arctic Monkeys, and then things like P.O.D, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, The Hives..

SO mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Rap and some Dubstep! :)

Ahhh I love P.O.D. I need a new playlist and I thought this would be a good idea to find some new stuff. I don't know why I never added P.O.D before..! Although I can't find any of Paramore!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I usually use Pandora and work out to the Dance Cardio, 80s Cardio, or the hard rock stations. I used to listen to my own music, and would make playlists, but then the playlists would get old and I didn't want to get sick of my music after playing them so much at the gym. Haha

I definitely need something fast with a good rhythm to work out to.
  • minsooky
    Options
    My Mp3 player contains nothing but metal. Mostly thrash and power metal. Nothing motivates me more than hearing a song about going to battle like a true viking hurr hurr
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    I usually use Pandora and work out to the Dance Cardio, 80s Cardio, or the hard rock stations. I used to listen to my own music, and would make playlists, but then the playlists would get old and I didn't want to get sick of my music after playing them so much at the gym. Haha

I definitely need something fast with a good rhythm to work out to.

I'm the same. I realise my playlist doesn't last an hour so it starts repeating itself and it's like SHUT UP!!! I need more music. :( Radio stations sound good, but the adverts put me off...
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    My Mp3 player contains nothing but metal. Mostly thrash and power metal. Nothing motivates me more than hearing a song about going to battle like a true viking hurr hurr

I can see some things like Ensiferum, Turisas and Korpiklaanii being pretty good for a workout...
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to SCOOTER - the beat is fantastic, and works well when I'm on my elliptical trainer, especially 'Jumpin all over the world'

It's really good music to sing along to and makes me aim to do that little bit more just to finish a song - if you know what I mean?
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    I like to listen to SCOOTER - the beat is fantastic, and works well when I'm on my elliptical trainer, especially 'Jumpin all over the world'

It's really good music to sing along to and makes me aim to do that little bit more just to finish a song - if you know what I mean?

Brilliant!
  • Avason
    Avason Posts: 37
    Options
    weirdly enough I've been listening to the harry potter audiobooks :P the beat isn't great ofcourse (lol) but I get so focussed on the story that I'm not paying as much attention to how tired I'm getting so I usually run a lot farther/longer when I'm listening to these. (also the "my route is done but the chapter is still 5 more minutes" makes you run for 5 more minutes :P)
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    weirdly enough I've been listening to the harry potter audiobooks :P the beat isn't great ofcourse (lol) but I get so focussed on the story that I'm not paying as much attention to how tired I'm getting so I usually run a lot farther/longer when I'm listening to these. (also the "my route is done but the chapter is still 5 more minutes" makes you run for 5 more minutes :P)

I think that is fair! I find the television is fun when you're using an exercise bike, I like watching 'Gavin and Stacey' while on it. Unfortunately I don't own this bike, and even if I did, I still need to get a proper aerial for my TV. :( But I can see where you're coming from!
  • bneg92
    bneg92 Posts: 10
    Options
    i like to listen to rock music ac/dc something with high energy
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    i like to listen to rock music ac/dc something with high energy

Good idea. :3
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger from Rocky is a great one! :) Pink as well, Robyn, Guns and Roses, Scooter*, Ke$ha..... Anything with a good beat.

* Scooter - actually, I haven't been working out to Scooter but I WILL be - one of my MFP pals this morning posted a Scooter link and I am forever grateful to him! :)
  • 65roffey
    Options
    Love working out to Zumba tracks, they make me smile. One of my favourites is Pitbull, I know you want me.
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger from Rocky is a great one! :) Pink as well, Robyn, Guns and Roses, Scooter*, Ke$ha..... Anything with a good beat.

* Scooter - actually, I haven't been working out to Scooter but I WILL be - one of my MFP pals this morning posted a Scooter link and I am forever grateful to him! :)

Scooter is generally so upbeat I think it is pretty awesome. Just need to add some to my playlist..

@65roffey;; Definitely good!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up. Groove Metal(Pantera, Exhorder), East Coast Rap(NAS, Notorious B.I.G.), Country(Aaron Watson, Justin Moore)
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mine is a big mix. Linkin Park, Eminem Lose yourself is good for running, Last Resort by Pap Roach, Rihanna, Foo fighters, Addicted to Bass song always gets me going, as does Fall Out Boy - This ain't a scene as the verses are quite slow, chorus' really fast, so on a elliptical machine you end up proper going for it during the chorus lol. Also have some big randoms - Kate Bush, Running up that hill, Chop Suey - System of a Down, Thats not my name - Ting Tings, Even a bit of Toxic, Britney as it's good to run too lol. Mainly rock though.
  • This is why I'm hot!! haha jk
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Black Sabbath, Metallica, Godsmack, Iron Maiden and more from that genre. They really help me get through a workout.
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Mine is a big mix. Linkin Park, Eminem Lose yourself is good for running, Last Resort by Pap Roach, Rihanna, Foo fighters, Addicted to Bass song always gets me going, as does Fall Out Boy - This ain't a scene as the verses are quite slow, chorus' really fast, so on a elliptical machine you end up proper going for it during the chorus lol. Also have some big randoms - Kate Bush, Running up that hill, Chop Suey - System of a Down, Thats not my name - Ting Tings, Even a bit of Toxic, Britney as it's good to run too lol. Mainly rock though.

Awesome! I think I'd have to try using Fall Out Boy I think. :)

@Tat2dDom0105 Awesome mix!