Mom of 2 young kids, finally on track.

Options
A few things about me:
I'm 30. I have a 4 year old, and an almost 2 year old. I've been married for 6.5 years. I'm 5'2" (almost). I weigh 200 pounds.

When I got married I weight 145. I had crept up to about 155, but I did weight watchers and some free weights to shed 10 pounds. I was skinny and didn't even know it. I've always felt big, even when I wasn't.

Fast forward a year and I got pregnant, but resulted in miscarriage. After that point, the weight started creeping on. I went into a depression over the miscarriage, which I didn't get out of until I got pregnant with my son. After that pregnancy I kept 20 pounds of weight, and after my daughter another 20. Somewhere in there my father passed away which added a few pounds as well. After the birth of my daughter I was 220. It's crazy just even typing that number. I couldn't believe it. Along the road I had tried different things. Weight watchers, an online personal trainer, strollercize, Jillian Michael's videos etc etc. I'd lose a few pounds here or there, but it always came back, or I would hit a plateau and get frustrated.

I'm 4 months into my latest attempt and IT'S WORKING! I've lost 21 pounds so far, and I'm almost down to where I was when I got pregnant with my second. My ideal weight of course would be 145, but I'm realistically trying to get to 165. I know that's still a lot on a small frame, but I've never been super skinny, and I was fit and healthy around that weight before.

Whew, long story short, it's basically all about the food. It finally clicked. Moderate activity and eating right, who knew? MyFitnessPal has been awesome to keep me on track, and I love that EVERYTHING is in there.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and making some new friends!

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You have done amazing so far and good luck with the future.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats on what you've achieved so far! Your story/stats are pretty similar to mine.
    (5ft2, 2 kiddies also 4 and nearly 2, been happy between 145/160)

Feel free to add me if you wish, I'm here for the long run! :flowerforyou:
  • NJ19812012
    NJ19812012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

Good luck on your journey.... I have started today as well:)

NJ