Boxing Class

Options
Hi Everyone :)
I have been thinking about trying a boxing class at the gym and I was just wondering who else has tried it
did you like it? any tips? :)

Replies

• melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    About 18 months ago, the gym I was at had a boxing class, and i LOVED it. It was torture, the trainer worked us really hard, and I'd be sore for days, but it was great. I got really sad when they stopped offering it.
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    I take body combat at the Y thousadns of kicks, and punch sequesnces in the class - It is more of a cardio combat class, but it kicks butt. I love the class it is quite a work out in a month i lost 1 &1/2 inch's on each arm....the class makes me feel strong!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)
    I have been thinking about trying a boxing class at the gym and I was just wondering who else has tried it
    did you like it? any tips? :)

Boxing's really good on conditioning work. Great for movement too, you'll learn to be a lot lighter on your feet.

Top tip: keep your hands up - you're not Prince Naseem - and keep moving!

Edit to mention: you're thinking of doing actual boxing, not boxercise or something like that?
  • missiontobefitandfab
    Options
    Yeah its an actual boxing session :) i'm really looking forward to it!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! boxing is an awesome workout. Good for cardio and kills the arms and core.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Love it! Heaps of fun and a great workout.