Zumba exercise class

Options
Well im going to be starting zumba on thursday, and I was just wondering what an hour class would burn, I cant find it on the exercise bit, I cant wait to get started as well.

Replies

• D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try this one: http://www.zumbacalories.org/

And enjoy it! :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    D0ry is right. It's almost near to what you would burn. MFP doesn't have an entry for zumba, only dance and I was putting it in as 368 calories. However, I used that calculator then used a heart rate monitor and found I was burning about 800+ calories, which was close to what the calculator told me.
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One more from me: There's another site www.zumbacalories.com, where I calculated my burn some time ago. I thought that was it, but since I didn't find a calculator on ...org, I figured I gave you the wrong link. Anyway, I think both sites contain useful info :)
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant thanks a lot guys, I cant wait to get started Iv hurd so many people say how fab it is im a very big girl so im hoping ill be able to do it lol.
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fabulous!! You will love it!! I've been doing it for 6 years, and have lost 40lbs in the process (without altering my diet). I have been teaching it since Feb, and my classes just keep growing. It is one workout that is just plain fun!!! The best advice I can give you is stick with it; it takes time to pick up the basic steps and coreography, and everyone goes their first time thinking they are uncoordinated. I burn between 600-700 calories per class.
    Size/age make no difference. I have people in my classes who are large, small and in between, and all age ranges. It is the same as any other exercise; you get out what you put in. Just listen to your body, and don't overdo it starting off. I wish you the very best!! Have fun! Zumba love!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that Heidi makes me feel a bit better about going now lol
  • emily_bird
    Options
    From most of my research , on average you burn anywhere from 300-1000 depending on your weight and intensity. I dropped weight quickly when I did it. In one week, I lost 2 cm around my arm ( 2.5 cm = 1 inch) .