Hot Yoga

Options
Tonight I am trying out hot yoga. I am excited, I am nervous. I really hope I like it and I also hope that I don't like it LOL. The only reason I say this is that its pretty costly to do hot yoga *wanwan*. But I am excited non the less. Can anyone share their hot yoga experiences with me. it is 101 degrees yoga, as opposed to 85 degree warm yoga.

Replies

• chylanned
    Options
    I really like it! I used to do it all the time but as you said it is really expensive. But it's totally worth a try! It's a lot of work but when your done you feel absolutely amazing! Make sure to drink lots of water the day of and after (not a lot during because you will feel sick because it is so hot). Hope you enjoy it!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound silly, but be prepared that it will be really, really hot in there. You may find it overwhelming, so don't be hard on yourself. Make it your goal to just stay in the hot room the entire time, and then be proud of yourself that you did.

That being said, I see many new people do the entire class the first time. Having experience with other types of yoga helps a lot with this.

Best advice: go with an open mind. It's very challenging, so just do what you can do.

My second bit of advice is to try it at least two times. I hated it the first time, but made myself go back. Now I'm pretty much addicted to it, and my body misses it if I don't go.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I dunno what this is but I want to do it! I'm guessing this is an American thing and it hasn't come across to us plebs in Britain yet, either that or I live in a rubbish pre-historic town in the UK haha! Good luck! :happy:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I did it many years ago and the next day I was very sore!
  • ErinSarah12
    ErinSarah12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's great! You feel so cleansed after. It is expensive, but most yoga studios offer an unlimited week trial for about $20. A great way to spend a week yoga-ing!