Cruise Food

Options
Any food coping techniques for a two week cruise? Lots of food, choices and availability, and I don't want to lose control of the food situation. HELP!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm heading off at the beginning of Decemebr for a one week cruise, so I'm hoping for some good ideas too.

From previous experience, buffet dining is OK if you have reasonable self control - only take what you are going to eat. Go for fruit instead of desserts. On my last cruise, there were freshly made omelettes for breakfast some mornings.

Make sure you take your trainers and use any gym facilities on board. And use the stairs whenever you can.
  • poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My husband and I cruise fairly often. I love the all of the healthy food choices, so easily available at every meal. All the fresh fruits, veggies, fish, etc without having to do the prep. I have never gained weight on a cruise.

My husband is another story. He loves the easy availablility of all those deserts.

My advice? Don't even walk past that part of the buffet. On the dinner menu, the healthy deserts are usually marked. They may not be as good as the others, but they are still a nice treat if you are trying to stay healthy.