heart rate monitors

Options
what type of heart rate monitors do you use? list brand name and model if known and your review..please. i am looking for one.

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar F6. From the research I've done and from recommendations from MFP members, the Polar F6 or F7 were the winners.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i use the polar F4 HRM and its the best i have bought. i calculates your heart rate and the amount of calories burned durin such excercise. its ECG accurate so you cant go wrong with the reading it gives you i recommend you get the Polar HRM range indeed you will not regret it. if you want more features than that tho i suggest you get the polar F6. it has never broken down on me and the battery life on it is great. to clean it tho use lukewarm water each time you have used it dont put it into the washing machine if it states that it ruins it and takes a while to get it workin properly again so clean it by hand and it will last longer. good luck in gettin one :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F11, but I wouldn't really recommend it. It has a lot of features that I don't really use (but thought I would when I first bought it). It was about $150 when I got it, I think it's cheaper now though. But it doesn't like to work sometimes. If I did it over with I would probably get the F4 or F6 because all I've heard is good things about them!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help. now i know what to look for
  • Shelley130
    Options
    If you type HRM in the seach box there are lots and lots of threads on this topic.

I heard good things about Polar F6.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've had Garmin Forerunner 405 for quite a while and love it.

More here if you want : http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/04/06/Garmin-Forerunner-405/p1
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar 6 and I love it! The only thing about it that I can complain of is that it seems to need body heat to "find" your heart rate. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. So when I go in from the outside here in Colorado, it can take a few minutes of lag time and warming up before a heart beat is detected. Otherwise, its great!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I got mine at walmart for 50 bucks last year. I think the brand is sportsline. It comes with a chest strap and you can enter your ht, wt, age and all that good stuff. It works great, and I can change the batteries myself on the strap and take the watch to walmart to get it changed whenever I need.