Life stress

Options
My boyfriend of three years and I just had an 'explosive altercation'..... Sunday night he got mad over something that really was very insignificant, told me to get enough stuff to last three days and leave.... He grabbed a binder and just chunked it at me....

Well, I am back 'home' with him.... we haven't really talked, we just kind of coexist....

Normally I am a decently upbeat person, usually for no reason. Which, believe you me, has not always been that way.... Anyways. I just have had this numbed feeling, I just can't connect to the rest of the world....

Working out is my 'me' thing, my happy thing. I haven't really worked out in over a week, I didn't really have anything available to me and quite frankly could barely eat for a few days I was so depressed.

Well, I want to get back into the swing of things. While I am not even close to 'okay' right now, I think working out might make me feel better. Suggestions?

Replies

• dalejackson
    Options
    Of course it won't fix things between you and your boyfriend, but exercise WILL make you feel a little more optimistic. I always feel in control, strong, and more sure of myself when I am exercising. It sounds like that's what you need right now... go for a run instead of sitting in a tense quiet house. It's still going to suck when you come back, but it'll balance you a bit I'm sure.

Hang in there! These things work themselves out (and if it doesn't, maybe it wasn't supposed to...)
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Even if your not up to a hardcore workout, go for a long walk somewhere. Try to get out and be active. Sorry to hear of your troubles with your BF. I hope everything works out for you.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Thank you both :) I will try to get in a run/ job tonight and see how that goes.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    its proven that working out does make you feel better (even if it doesn't solve anything).

Its not my place really but you did ask for help so I am just going to say I am concerned over your relationship with a guy that will throw a binder at you. To me thats over the line of acceptable. It sounds like he has issues to work out that DON"T include you.
  • dalejackson
    Options
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing...