A new beginning

Hello everyone!

I have taken weight loss steps before. Last year I lost 20lbs - gained it all back. This past summer I lost 16lbs but gained most of it back. So now I am sitting at 213.8 (started at 217).

Am really just looking to meet some new people and get some motivation. I am a 23 year old student just looking to change her lifestyle :)

Replies

• deactivatefat
    deactivatefat Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome! How tall are you- I am now at 223.3, my initial goal is 175, but ultimately I would like to get to a toned 140! You can do it!
    What did you do to lose last year?
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    I started at 225 in January and I'm down to 158. You are more than welcome to add me if you like :)
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    I am 5'6ish, yourself? So we are pretty close in weight!

My ultimate goal is to get back to 150lbs.

I counted calories and worked out 3-5days a week. Last summer I was eating about 1500cals a day. This is my first time on my fitness pal. I used Calorie Count before but I like this website a lot better.
  • laurapedens
    laurapedens Posts: 1 Member
    Its a long journey but you will do it I too have struggled with my weight all my life Heaviest 285 now at my lightest of 161 add me as a friend and we can do this journey together
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Hello new friend!!! Hope you find a lot of help, motivation and encouragement through here. I LOVE this place! I found it a few years ago and used it to quickly drop some weight before a friend's wedding, but once the wedding was over, it was back to old me, old habits. I came back for a little while but didn't stick to it, and now here I am. My 3rd and final attempt because it's no longer a diet and it's no longer for a specific date or reason other than to change everything about what I'm doing to my body and my relationship with food. And so far it's working out pretty great! I've finally built some good habits that's making it so that I'm no longer feeling like I'm suffering or sacrificing, although there are still those days. Like today LOL.

Started at 202 and I'm 5'0"!!! Glad to be along for your journey! You're gonna be AWESOME!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Hello new friend!!! Hope you find a lot of help, motivation and encouragement through here. I LOVE this place! I found it a few years ago and used it to quickly drop some weight before a friend's wedding, but once the wedding was over, it was back to old me, old habits. I came back for a little while but didn't stick to it, and now here I am. My 3rd and final attempt because it's no longer a diet and it's no longer for a specific date or reason other than to change everything about what I'm doing to my body and my relationship with food. And so far it's working out pretty great! I've finally built some good habits that's making it so that I'm no longer feeling like I'm suffering or sacrificing, although there are still those days. Like today LOL.

Started at 202 and I'm 5'0"!!! Glad to be along for your journey! You're gonna be AWESOME!

Thanks!! I'm happy for all the support!! I am here as well if anybody needs anything at all!
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Hello there

Like, I've taken weight off and put it back on...think we all know that bit! But now I want to take it off slowly, keep it off and change my habits for life, eat to well and not just thinner. I started at 199 and now I am 176. I am 5'4 and would like to end up at 120 (I have a small frame and little feet and hands). I am 37 and studying Math part time with a view to career change. Just sending through the request now.