Mini Subway Freak-Out...

Options
2»

Replies

• tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I worked as a server for many years while I was trying to pay off school loans. I found it funny how so many people just assumed that I was beneath them, because I was serving them their dinner. One of my co-workers was even a doctor, also paying off school loans. I use to love watching him throw out the big words when he would get some uneducated fool that thought that he or she was better than their server.

Be nice to your servers :flowerforyou:
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Better than what happened to me. I went in and ordered 2 6 inch subs, both clubs, no cheese. That is where the similarities of the subs would end (one is my husbands, one mine). But before I could order the toppings, the guy says, lady you don't have to hide that you want a 12 in sub, just order it that way. I walked out.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow Cheri!! i would have been so upset!!
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    How rude! :mad:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheri,
    you must have been upset at the time, but I bet you laugh about it now. What a cheeky devil to assume you wanted both sandwiches!
    It reminds me of the time I got banned from the chinese takeaway. . I only asked the chap if he needed a calculator as he was counting backwards. I was a little bit tipsy but aware enough not to be overcharged
    He did that "talk to the hand" thing which made me laugh even more as I'd only ever seen it done on Jerry Springer. We ended up walking out too, it was about two years before we went back.

My husband took great pleasure in telling all our friends that I was banned, I was infamous! We laugh about it to this day.
    Laughing keeps you young and must burn off tons of calories. :laugh: