Sugar Goal

Options
Hi All,

After some advice - How do you stick in your Sugar Goal for the day! I am always over!!
Could that be y im nto losing a steady weight every week?

Any ideas how to reduce my sugar intake so i dont go over? ;0)

Thank you in advance! :) x

Replies

• KaylynnDragon
    Options
    Hey Bella!

I am actually a gestational diabetic that has been put on a carb. counting diet because of my sugars.
    My nutritionist advised me the best way to get the sugar your body needs is to stick to:

30 carbs for breakfast
    30-45 carbs for lunch and dinner
    10-15 for snacks

It is a little complicated at first, but I find that it's getting easier day by day.
    Just try to cut out excess sugars at first, sweets and carbonated drinks.
  • LEC1978
    LEC1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP set my sugar target at 24 so I always go over it as well. The apple I ate today alone put me over! I really pay very little attention to that though. I figure if the sugar is coming from healthy, whole foods it isn't "bad" because it comes also with fiber and vitamins and other good stuff. I just conciously avoid the added sugar in processed junk.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Looks like most of your sugar comes from fruit so I wouldn't really worry about it to much. However, if you think it might be slowing down your loss, swap out part of the fruit for veggies and switch to a yogurt with less sugar content.
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I've been way, WAY over (take a look at my food diary). I'm making changes like substitutions for my favorite packaged foods (yogurts, meal replacement bars and oatmeal) and cutting out sugary drinks, etc.