Vitamins make me feel too full to eat.

Options
When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is put a pot of coffee on, and then take my vitamins. I feel so full after taking them, I don't want to eat breakfast. Sometimes I don't have my first meal until almost 12 which is way too late. I know that a simple solution would be to stagger my vitamin intake throughout the day, but I am sure that I will forget and then before I know it, I wont be getting the supplements I need.

Does anybody else ever feel this way?

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I always take all my pills (like vitamins and supplements) after I've eaten. Could that work for you? You should be taking them with food regardless
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    No...it's probably all the fluid your drinking to take then with.

I don't always eat breakfast.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Wow, maybe I should start taking vitamins to curb my appetite, because man, I love to eat!
  • smokaiba
    Options
    vitamins should be taken with dinner
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It may be the liquid. I'm taking a handful of supplements and never notice feeling overly full regardless of when I take them.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Don't take them before you eat. Eat and take them halfway through or after. Most vitamins need food to help them be absorbed.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an appetite suppressant.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a "way too late" time to eat. Eat when you get hungry, and stay within your calories. It shouldn't ever matter WHEN you eat those calories. Don't worry about "starvation mode", it's a myth. Your body won't shut down because of just one skipped meal.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Don't take them before you eat. Eat and take them halfway through or after. Most vitamins need food to help them be absorbed.

this, also, though ^^ :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Vitamins should not be taken on a empty stomach or one that's full of coffee...owww my tummy hurts just thinking about it!!! I would try taking them after you've had a meal. Also what types of vitamins are you taking? Something may not be agreeing with you.
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, maybe I should start taking vitamins to curb my appetite, because man, I love to eat!

I was thinking the same thing Aileen!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    My guess is you dont poop enough
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing Aileen!

Hahaha....great minds, Amy!
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options

This
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    it will not be the vitamins i have never heard of this if it were possible more of us would do it. it will be the brew, i cant eat breakfast til around 11am (i wake at 6) if i have coffee right away it suppresses my appetite xxx
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

This

I highly doubt its the multi
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're just not hungry in the morning, and a little water is curing the illusion of hunger.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    As a previous posters have said:

-COFFEE is an appetite suppressant. Perhaps that's the actual culprit.
    -You should eat first, then take your vitamins. Not take them on an empty stomach. They need food to help them absorb.

Such smart people here :smile:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is put a pot of coffee on, and then take my vitamins. I feel so full after taking them, I don't want to eat breakfast. Sometimes I don't have my first meal until almost 12 which is way too late. I know that a simple solution would be to stagger my vitamin intake throughout the day, but I am sure that I will forget and then before I know it, I wont be getting the supplements I need.

Does anybody else ever feel this way?

Eat something with fat in it before you take your vitamins. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble so your body can't absorb them with out it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No.

But you can choose to intermittent fast if you aren't interested in breakfast. It just means that your late meals will have to be more calorie-laden.