I'm back and I need serious help!!!

Options
My name is Jackie and I have been gone from MFP for a while. I have no excuses for my absence and I figured out a long time ago that I can not take this journey alone. I have no motivation and very little self control. My friend is on MFP and has been forever and she is doing great! She has a great support group and I am hoping to gain the same. I am an emotional eater and I have tried every diet on the market. I don't want to be skinny, I just want to be healthy and happy, but I can't do it alone!!

Replies

• determined136
    Options
    I can definately vouch for Jackie she is my BFF and a good time! :bigsmile:

We will do this together! Love you!!!!
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here as well. You can do itttttttttttttt. :D
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    ^^^ That guy right there is my buddy. It is always so much easier with friends there to help you!
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    ^^^ That guy right there is my buddy. It is always so much easier with friends there to help you!

<3
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back......I have done the same thing. As of today I am back for 95 days and feeling great about it. I will add you. I type out inspirational quotes every morning to try and make everyone start off their day with positive thoughts......Good Luck....
  • Candysland2013
    Options
    I'm also and emotional eater and I have done so well this time around... You can add me if you like
  • columbae86
    Options
    I'll send you an invitation to be my pal. :-) I can totally relate to what you live. I did the same thing and am back for a bit over a month, already lost 11 pounds (first month is the easiest...). Now things will get trickier by the week and we'll all have to help each other. If you feel responsibility towards your pals, chances are you'll feel like you have to stick to their goals. Lets do it for ourselves, but lets not let each other down! :-)
  • Mz_AnGeLic
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater. It gets hard at times but it can be done. Friend invite sent ;)
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same hear when life gets tough i run for food. Sending friend request.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • Selgar
    Selgar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!! I definitely have my ups and downs, but just keep plugging away! Feel free to add me
  • lainytee
    Options
    Just back on and I also have very little will power. I'm good until I see food, and if I'm hungry, look out. But, I will always keep trying.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me!! I am an emotional eater too, and I have been off and on this site so many times you would think it's a bad relationship. But now I love it! So many people who care and are in the same struggle. Lately the past 2 weeks I have beeen folowing my diet and exercise, but at night it's like fighting an addiction to not overeat carbs, and stop at dinner. I know I will go 2 weeks on, and 2 weeks off my diet, or a month on, then go 3 months off. What happens is I just gain the weight back. It's so depressing. Especially when I look in the mirror and know I can look really good.

What really changed me recently was this guy wo told me I'm fat and most guys won't be into me because of that. Although it hurt to the core, and maybe wasn't true, it got me to get back on it. When someone says anything like that, instead of fall into a depression I get off my butt and say, "OH, really? I'll show you!" you can do it. you have me as a friend. I'll be your support.