Worst Sandwiches in America

Options
Ladies and gentlemen.....well I suppose more ladies than gentlemen on this site, but regardless of demographics, here is an amazing article from Yahoo about the worst sandwiches in America. I, for one, have really taken notice of the caloric contents in all my foods now that I have been a member of this site. Needless to say, here it is

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/43781/10-worst-sandwiches-in-america/

Since I have a 1300 calorie goal every day, and the last sandwich on the list boasts a whopping 1,900 calories...I was stunned.....

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Going to check out the article now. But we have found some of these sandwiches on our own. One sandwich puts me over on my daily calories!! Crazy............ one of them we found is just a pulled pork sandwich, who would've thought it?? :huh:
  • amanda0328
    amanda0328 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the article yet, but I'm not surprised. I told someone today that sandwhich shops should be considered fast food and not healthy to eat. I found that a mcdonalds small fry and mcdouble off the dollar menu was less in calories/fat than a simple sandwhich at Panera or Quiznos. I know everywhere we have to watch what we get, but if you talk to people who are on diets, we tend to think sandwhiches would be healthier. At least I did. Now, I'm definitely watching what I order anywhere I go. I also think it's moderation. We need to eat in moderation.
  • operator
    Options
    seriously...who would have thought that the subway footlong meatball was 1200 calories.....
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am so grossed out right now....check out the 20 worst restaurant foods too......It makes me never want to eat out AGAIN.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! It's really eyeopening when you start looking into what you are putting in your mouth! I can't believe some of those sandwiches, and you know most people would eat those with chips and a soda too! Man oh man! Thanks for sharing! Oh and this led me to look at the 40 best and worst beers, it's worth looking at too =)
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I could not even believe the first sandwich started that high!! I couldnt imagine eating any of those anymore!!!