OMG worst day ever...!

Options
What on earth was I doing, I just could not stop eating today. It s like every time I go on a diet I feel the urge to binge. I cant help it, its awful...I even ate a whole box of Cinnamon Grahams watching tV! I feel so rubbish, what an idiot.
I have always avoided 'diets' because they make me binge so I havent managed to last very long since my substantial weight loss a few years ago which ended up with me being bulimic. I am scared to go down that road again.
My hubby is pretty ill at the moment so I know I am an emotional eater too.

Please, I need my *kitten* kicked in the right direction.!!!

I am naturally a healthy eater, its all my favourite foods so it should be easy for me but today I just ate biccies and sweets and picked all day! So then I skipped a proper lunch, had dinner with the kids and then just ate til now! So cross, so silly.

x

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Diets don't make you binge...you make youself do it. Instead of buying snacks that are unhealthy...try buying snacks that ARE healthy and just as yummy. That way, if you happen to eat a little more than you planned, you don't feel AS guilty about it.
    Last night I went to the store and stocked up on those little goldfish crackers....you can have 50+ and its like 100 calories or something. Also Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are only 150 each.
    It's not diets...it's the way you think and shop! If you change your shopping habits you'll be forced to change your eating habits!
    Good luck!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Do not beat yourself up, just move one from this day. Tomorrow is a new day and you can be better tomorrow:smile:

Laura
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking of a diet think of making a healthy choice. Work towards eating one vegetable everyday, then two--you get the picture. We are eating to have a healthy body and fueling that body. That is all it is.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Take the snacks in the direction of protein and fat or veggies/ fruits and protein.

The fiber and protein/fat combination will have you eat less and stay fuller longer, so you will not feel the need to snack as often.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it was courageous of you to tell the truth. Even though we are pretty anonymous on this site, just saying what you did and how you feel to others instead of hiding is great.

Secondly, I know the feeling of shame and self-loathing - if you can, let it go. Tomorrow is another day. It's just an oops. That's all. You have a goal, you went off target, now you aim back to the target. It's that missile analogy. You will rarely be on track all the time. Mostly you'll be off track and making corrections.

Thirdly, what might help is to put some road blocks in your way and get a little more conscious about your behaviour and feelings. I would measure out snacks in sensible proportions and put them into ziplocks and put them back in the container. If you binge, you will create opportunities to stop. Also, you can set mini-goals within the context of binging - instead of 8 baggies, today you only had 6. If that's too much work, keep a 1/2 cup measuring cup with the Cinammon Grahams.

Someone in another thread talked about how included her danger foods in her diet because if she didn't, as soon as she reached her goal she'd reach for the peanut butter jar. And she knew that she was setting up a way of eating for life and she couldn't imagine never eating peanut butter again. So she keeps 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the foods she eats and has learned moderation. It took time. That made a ton of sense to me. Maybe you want to keep the junk, just measure it out and try to gradually reduce it.

And remember if your child made a choice that was not in her best interest , realized it and felt bad about it, you would never be so cruel as to beat them up for it. You'd comfort them. Give yourself a big hug. We're all learning and it isn't easy.

Take care, Karin
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know, no one makes me do it! I am silly self-sabotage behaviour - who inows why we do these things!
    My husband had a really bad day yesterday (he is Bipolar II) and I just dont know what to do with myself so I buried my head in a box of cereal!

Today I still feel a bit sick so serves me right!
    Its gonna be a good day today though , I am going to be good to myself and nourish my body ...!

Ps - I do love veg and nice clean food thats not a problem, just feel guilty for looking after myself when my Hubby is so ill...!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty for taking care fo yourself! I'm sure he wants you to take of your health and body! Today is a new day...don't think about what you did yesterday, just start new!! Didn't mean to come off seeming rude in my post earlier....sorry if I did!
    Good luck!
  • ErikaSudz
    Options
    You had a bad day, don't say Diet say lifestyle change. Go to bed and wake up and start the next day fresh

Erika
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    RIGHT, had a better day but still had naughty things like half a chip butty but i would have felt better if i had a salad to be honest, or something less fatty! But it is the kids friday treat for today and i just couldnt sit their eating something different, maybe i should...!

I do struggle in justifying looking after myself, I know how mad that sounds but I am trying to do better with that!
    Starting treadmill tomorrow...bit worried as I have osteoarthiritis in my hips (due to many marathons and poor nutrition, dont suppose being addicted to laxatives for 3 years haelped either!) also have shin splints in both ankles for over training and bad shoes!!! anyway onwards and upwards....I wish I could feel better about eating the foods I want to eat but it is a combinations of exhaustion/laziness and guilt and lack of funds too!

Right tomorrow.....here I come!
    thanx for the jolly good butt-kicking girls...does it help with cellulite?! lol
    xxx
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had one hot mess of a day.
    Time for a few slow deep breaths, maybe take a bath and try to relax.
    Think about what you want to be eating and how you are going to make it happen in your hectic life.
    The most important thing you can do for your husband and children is be the healthiest mum you can be.
    If you are not, how do you expect to look after them.

580589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter