My Planned NSV: anyone pre-fill Thanksgiving Food Diary?

Options
I just pre-filled/pre-planned my Thanksgiving diary and I'm THRILLED! Not only will I have 146 extra cals left-over (that's WITHOUT exercising that day). AND the only thing I went over on is PROTEIN and FIBER :love: and also my sodium by 219 something and My daily goal without exercise is 1450.

Everything else will be below range...ALL of my Macros--WOOT!

I'm going to be pigging-out on ALL of my favorites bigtime and also HALF my cake (or pie in this case) and eat it too. I'm thrilled.

Have you pre-filled your Thanksgiving menu/foods? If so, how's it looking...if not, why not?

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I probably will once we decide what we're having. I just know I'm going to need lots of room for my homemade desserts. I love to bake!
  • caseysexton5
    caseysexton5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My 'why not' is because I have absolutely no idea what will be there! It's a pot luck. But I feel confident and trust myself to not go over on calories. I'll stay away from alcohol and the dessert table and limit myself to one plate.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    No, because I plan to eat whatever and how much ever I want. I'm not even logging for that day. I don't plan to log for Christmas either.

Edited to add...my goal is to purposely go over on my calories just by "eye balling" it. If there's pumpkin pie and other yummy goodness (which there should be) then I should have no problems achieving this goal.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will log that day. I plan on eating a small amount of everything, and enjoying the day with my family. I have been doing excellent this week in preperation for turkey day and I'm not too worried about it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My NSV for that day?

Turkey
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Biscuits
    Pumpkin Pie
    Apple Pie
    Truffle Mac n Cheese
    Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce
    Ice Cream
    Cookies
    Beer
    Whiskey
    Wine
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Would like to hit 10k calories but I doubt I'll achieve it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are excited because you are eating 1,300 on thanksgiving? That is NOT pigging out.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You are excited because you are eating 1,300 on thanksgiving?

Totally THRILLED! That's my kinda pigging out, big time!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

You mean eating 1300 calories at a time not per day right?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Naw, for the day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

How can it be pigging out if you eat the same amount of calories you always do?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

Excellent question...it's going to be "pigging out" for me, because I don't usually cook and eat these things regularly.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • 35khris
    35khris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I pre-filled mine out! I'm like 600 cals. over! I am totally Not stressed about it. I am just planning on adding 600 cals of exercise this week. I Hope it works:)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

Excellent question...it's going to be "pigging out" for me, because I don't usually cook and eat these things regularly.

That's kinda sad actually, to have a compulsion to pre log a holiday meal
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I pre-filled mine out! I'm like 600 cals. over! I am totally Not stressed about it. I am just planning on adding 600 cals of exercise this week. I Hope it works:)

Woot to you girlfriend! It will work. because you ROCK that way...Enjoy!!!:flowerforyou:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    I like how you think! I might log what I 'plan' to eat first thing that morning. I am doing a 5K race that day also. So I will pre-plan to not go over my daily calorie goal on the thanksgiving meal, and save my morning exercise calories for desserts.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Totally THRILLED!

That's kinda sad actually, to have a compulsion to pre log a holiday meal

Sad/sadness is relative--like trash, one person trash is another person's treasure...it's so not sad to me--it's SUPER thrilling and wonderful. To me, It's super wise and cool --not sad in the least. :smooched:
  • puddy29
    Options
    one are some people just so negative all the time. i say if you follow your diet and stay within your calories normally what harm is it to plan to enjoy a nice meal with your family. go for it girl and have a blast doing it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!