feet fall asleep while on elliptical

Options
does anyone else have this problem? anytime im on any kind of ellipctical, crosstrainer, step climber, and even the stationary bike, my feet like my toes fall asleep! and is there a solution?

Replies

• repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    try jump roping. its better cardio and its more fun!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Mine used to do that as well, not sure as to the why though. I would just make a concentrated effort to lift my foot slightly and step down harder to keep the blood flowing.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine do that too!! So strange! No idea why..
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had this happen... my sneakers were too tight. I loosened the laces... Worked for me.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Yup, happens to me too and other people I've asked about it. I find that it takes longer for it to happen now though. No idea what to do to help but it is common as far as I can tell.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Try shifting your weight back onto your heels. Or maybe new shoes.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It helps if you stand straighter - feels sort of like you're leaning back, but you're actually standing up straight - and push through your heels, keeping your toes just slightly lifted. You'll feel it burn more in your butt that way, too. =)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's recommended that you step off an elliptical every 15 minutes or so and just stamp your feet. It's the same as standing without moving for a long period of time because even though your are moving you aren't lifting your feet up to take the pressure off. There's also a large vein that runs across the top of your foot that can be pinched down if your shoes are too tight. Google tying shoes for running for different ways to lace your shoe.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Happens to me when I use it for over 40mins. I've noticed, though, that the more weight I lose, the less intense it feels. As long as your feet aren't turning blue or falling off, you're fine :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I had this happen... my sneakers were too tight. I loosened the laces... Worked for me.

I have this happen while running also - and looser shoes helped me deal with it.