walking with weight.....

Options
i filled a old back pack with stones and it weighs 25 lbs when i go on walks i plan on putting this on. my question is how do i record this in my exercise journal? and also i love to skip how can i record this to?

Replies

• him1025
    Options
    no one :(
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think there is an option for walking (or maybe it's hiking) that includes weights above and below 10 pounds. Try searching "hiking, cross-country." As for skipping, idk, maybe pick whatever seems closest- like "very brisk walk."
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    The difference is likely marginal, unless you weigh 96lbs.
    Additionally, you might want to be careful with the way it loads your spine.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The difference is likely marginal, unless you weigh 96lbs.
    Additionally, you might want to be careful with the way it loads your spine.
    I was going to warn about this, too. 25 pounds on your back could put a strain on you if you aren't used to it. You may want to slowly build up to that weight.

As far as the calorie burn, if you don't have a heart rate monitor I wouldn't really add extra calories above walking. While you'll probably burn a little more I don't know that it'll be a big enough difference to worry about.
  • him1025
    Options
    the weight doesnt bother me im use to carrying my youngest daughter who weighs 20 lbs and an couple diaper bags. im more concerned on how to get in a good walking pace. my babies dont move very fast and they gotten so they hate the stroller. thats where i came up with the back pack idea. i figured i could walk slow enough for the babies and still burn some calories
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I would go with no weight its more strain for your back and spine no need to lose weight you need to be a in a callorie deficit diet