Your most memorable work experience

Options
AllTehBeers
AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
I've been at my job a while now and I've had some crazy things happen. I get cussed out and called names on a regular basis but I think there are one or two experiences that stand out in everyones mind at work. Mine is once a lady pooped all over the bathroom floor and left it. I don't know if it was on purpose or an accident but leaving it there was a conscious choice.

What's yours?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    Options
    Pretending to pass out, and being conscious in a position that caused me to choke and breathe all funny. Everyone ran towards me and turned me on my back so i can breathe. Everyone was all panicked. I quickly grabbed someone's leg, and laughed. They all got so mad at me. I was laughing though.

Lol I'd want to punch you too!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Cleaning the Men's bathroom and finding a turd nestled neatly between the toilet and the wall next to it.

There was also the lady that began to sob and throw a child's tantrum when I told her we were out of a specific pastry she wanted. Tried to offer her the other types we had and even a rain check where we'd give her one for free once we got a shipment but no, she had to sob and scream and throw herself on the floor until we kicked her out.

The one that scared me happened on my first day at a coffee shop. I was learning the register and a woman and her husband entered. The shop has a "special" term for sugar-free but everyone tends to call it sugar free anyway. Woman ordered a drink, sugar free, but when the order was repeated to her with the words "sugar free" instead of the company's term she almost blew a braincell. Five times the order was repeated, followed by, "No, that's wrong! It's [insert special name here], not sugar free!" Finally my coworker gave up and said the term to move her along. The husband orders a regular hot chocolate and proceeds to get beaten over the head by his wife's purse because he didn't order it sugar free like she did, calling him fat and all sorts of other names.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Cleaning the Men's bathroom and finding a turd nestled neatly between the toilet and the wall next to it.

There was also the lady that began to sob and throw a child's tantrum when I told her we were out of a specific pastry she wanted. Tried to offer her the other types we had and even a rain check where we'd give her one for free once we got a shipment but no, she had to sob and scream and throw herself on the floor until we kicked her out.

The one that scared me happened on my first day at a coffee shop. I was learning the register and a woman and her husband entered. The shop has a "special" term for sugar-free but everyone tends to call it sugar free anyway. Woman ordered a drink, sugar free, but when the order was repeated to her with the words "sugar free" instead of the company's term she almost blew a braincell. Five times the order was repeated, followed by, "No, that's wrong! It's [insert special name here], not sugar free!" Finally my coworker gave up and said the term to move her along. The husband orders a regular hot chocolate and proceeds to get beaten over the head by his wife's purse because he didn't order it sugar free like she did, calling him fat and all sorts of other names.

What is it with people going all over the floor? I just don't get it. I've also had adults act like 2 year olds when we are out of something. It happens.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

What is it with people going all over the floor? I just don't get it. I've also had adults act like 2 year olds when we are out of something. It happens.

The only thing I could think was a kid had gone in there and hadn't been positioned right or was removed from the toilet by a parent and it just happened. The space between the toilet seat and the wall wasn't even a foot in length, I couldn't imagine a grown man having the ability to do that, even intentionally.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    The only thing I could think was a kid had gone in there and hadn't been positioned right or was removed from the toilet by a parent and it just happened. The space between the toilet seat and the wall wasn't even a foot in length, I couldn't imagine a grown man having the ability to do that, even intentionally.

Perhaps. With the parent thing though, they still left it there. Yuck.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Being a critical patient for some nurses. I was put onto a stretcher, was hooked up to a portable life support machine with an oxygen mask, heart moniter, ivs and loaded into a plane and then "treated" as if I had severe trauma and was given mints by a nurse as we flew around for a while.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    My first job was as a bagger in a grocery store. Most of the angry/snotty customer problems revolved around the obvious (put the bread here, this bags too heavy, etc) but I remember one woman specifically who threatened to sue me (maybe she meant me as in store since I worked there) because they were out of a certain brand of paper towels that were on sale. I had pointed out the paper towel isle for her after she asked where it was. After walking down it she came back up the front and made the threat.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yep we have also had a woman here at work poo all over the toilet seat and left it.....

before my time here there was lady who, when in the car pool to/from work would put a box over her head as she didn't like one of the other ladies in the car.
    She also thought the manager was up in the rafters of her house spying on her and so she wrote to the Prime Minister to complain.
    She was apparently very bright but very odd.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    My first job was as a bagger in a grocery store. Most of the angry/snotty customer problems revolved around the obvious (put the bread here, this bags too heavy, etc) but I remember one woman specifically who threatened to sue me (maybe she meant me as in store since I worked there) because they were out of a certain brand of paper towels that were on sale. I had pointed out the paper towel isle for her after she asked where it was. After walking down it she came back up the front and made the threat.

I get this sometimes. Not to the point of suing, but people will curse up, down and all around if we are sold out of their beer, cigarette or coffee. There is another store 3 blocks away. GTFO
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    Mine was finding my job advertised on Monster. This was their passive way of letting me know I wasn't being enough of a sheep.