Help I really need a kick in the *kitten*

Options
So I've been at this for a while and I did very good for the first year, ok maybe not very good but alright. I lost 45 lbs but than I hit a wall. I've continued to exercise at least 3 days a week, mostly running, but have backed off on weight training. I was working out 5-6 days a week both weights and running but I have fallen off the wagon when it comes to eating. I can't stop eating. I just can't seem to control myself. I've put back on less than 10 lbs but if I don't get a grip on this who knows. I need something... movitvation, a kick in the *kitten* just something to get me back on track. I still need to lose at least another 50 lbs. Any advice or suggestions- Please help.

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Only you can pick the wagon up and put it back on the tracks.... we're here to encourage you and motivate you, but YOU have to have the will to do it!!

before going to the kitchen to get a snack - ask yourself "am I really hungry or am I bored?" Try drinking 16oz of cold water first, wait 10 min and if you're still hungry get yourself a healthy snack!!
    As for exercise - change things up. Your body is used to your routine. Once your body gets used to it, it will start to maintain. You have to trick it and keep things changing in order for your body to keep changing.

You can do this - you have to remember why you started in the first place and use it as fuel to push forward!! Don't give up - you are worth the fight!!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way, if you did EXACTLY what you did this past year, for one more year, you will be at your GOAL WEIGHT! How exciting would that be????. Don't think of it as 50lbs left to go, think of it like: YOUR HALF WAY THERE!!!
    Dont throw away all that hard work now! You did so great, and already proved you CAN do it, so just keep going with it!!!

Its not worth throwing away so much progress!

Get your s&%# together, you've done it before and you can ABSOLUTELY do it again!!!
  • achvr
    achvr Posts: 21
    Options
    First of all congrats on the 45 pound weight loss. That's a huge deal!!!

We all hit plateaus, and we all have our unhealthy eating hisory. what you are going through is a normal part of the weight loss journey. I promise. I've recently gained back quite a bit. I wish I had asked for help when it was less than 10 lbs. Unfortunately, i regained almost 45 lbs of hard earned weight loss. And it's amazing to me how I feel every pound that I gain back. Funny, I didn't feel it when I was originally gaining the weight. But boy this time, every pound makes a huge difference in how I feel. I've recently gotten back on track with my nutrition and the number on the scale is going down again. the thing I had to remind myself is....I have a choice. I get to pick what I put into my body, and no matter how angry I am at the world, it's no one else's fault that I chose to regain my weight. It happened, the key is to pick up where you left off, start applying the things you've already learned about nutrition and fitness and remember that every day isn't going to be perfect. If you continue to put one foot in front of the other, doing the things you know work, that 10 pounds will come back off, and when you see the number going down, it will motivate you to keep going. I also worked on identifying what I was afraid of about reaching my weight loss goal. It really helped me to see that my weight gain was more about fear than anything. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way, if you did EXACTLY what you did this past year, for one more year, you will be at your GOAL WEIGHT! How exciting would that be????. Don't think of it as 50lbs left to go, think of it like: YOUR HALF WAY THERE!!!
    Dont throw away all that hard work now! You did so great, and already proved you CAN do it, so just keep going with it!!!

Get your s&%# together, you've done it before and you can ABSOLUTELY do it again!!!

Wow!! This is one of the best responses to someone needing a kick in the bum that I have ever read!! Very cool!!
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I agree with ccadroz93's post above, Hilary, fabulous response, thank you for being so supportive of a MFP'er in need!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys:blushing: I'm a newbie at this, but I'm loving the motivation boards!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Only you can pick the wagon up and put it back on the tracks.... we're here to encourage you and motivate you, but YOU have to have the will to do it!!

before going to the kitchen to get a snack - ask yourself "am I really hungry or am I bored?" Try drinking 16oz of cold water first, wait 10 min and if you're still hungry get yourself a healthy snack!!
    As for exercise - change things up. Your body is used to your routine. Once your body gets used to it, it will start to maintain. You have to trick it and keep things changing in order for your body to keep changing.

You can do this - you have to remember why you started in the first place and use it as fuel to push forward!! Don't give up - you are worth the fight!!

THIS!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can do it, but you gotta want it. You have to make it a priority again. At one point you got to the place where you couldn't stand it any more and you had to do something, right? I can't believe you want to go back there again. So, make this another line in the sand and don't go back.
  • bammbammbrody
    Options
    You can do it!!!! We believe in you! :)