I need some help guys!!

shellee9tj
shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
OK, so I am in need of some help regarding what to do about my calories on the nights that I work, because I work the night shift (7p-3a) so I'm not really sure how to balance out my calories over the course of the two days that cross each other, not to mention the fact that on the nights I work I only average 4-5hrs of sleep before I am up with my little ones the next morning. So how should I even out the sleep deprivation (which I know has an affect on weight loss) and my calories stretched over a 2 day period......HELP PLZ!!!

Replies

• cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    I guess it really depends. Are you eating dinner before you go to work? Do you just have a light snack while at work, or is it more like a meal? A little more info might as far as the logging the cals. Is it possible to catch a nap sometime in the early afternoon?
  • shellee9tj
    I do eat dinner before I go in and i bring 2 snacks with me to work to have throughout my 8hr shift, I also make sure I drink plenty of water while at work. As far as the nap goes, it usually doesn't happen but i do try to go to bed early the next night. I guess my question is really....do I log my food on the following days log for the food I eat after midnight while at work or should that count on that current days intake???
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    I think if it were me I would do it on the current days log, only because I feel like when I wake up its a new day. I don't think its wrong either way though, as long as you stay consistent with the way that you do it. The good thing is its only snacks so its not as crucial or difficult to log as it would be if it were an entire meal.
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    I work the night shift as well, but my hours are 11:30p to 8:00a. I log anything after midnight as the next day. It found that if I did it the other way I went way over on my calories the night I went back to work and on my last night of work (I work 6 in a row). Anyway, its rough on the days that I come home from work and stay up all day, but I just plan ahead and have healthy snacks at work and lots of healthy food when I get home! Hope that helps...
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    My Wife works a 12 hour night shift from 7 pm to 7 am three days a week. After midnight she starts logging in on the new day. I think it just saves her a little confusion that way. It seems to be working fine for her.
  • shellee9tj
    Thanks all!
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    You can change your setting in the food diary to times instead of meals.. for instance the default is breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.... you can change yours to 6a-9a 10a-2p 3p-9p 10p-1a 2a-6a ... etc..etc..
  • shellee9tj
    Didn't know that, I will try it out, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.