Nutrisystem-Thoughts?

Options
13»

Replies

• okstategurl
    Options
    Hello, Let me just tell you the gods honest truth.. I tried nutrisystem in the past thinking it would be my cure all.. I spent 300.00 when it first came out and I was SOOO pumped to do it!! I got it in and I almost puked the moment I tried it.. it is NASTY NASTYYYYY! it tastes like cardboard that has been sitting in trash all day * little over dramatic I know LOL*! I suggest buying your food each week and make your own meals and prepack them all.. dont waste your money!:flowerforyou:
    BAHAHAHAHAHA that sounds horrible! Thank you!
  • okstategurl
    Options
    taste like crap... do not eat...

seriously I had a co-worker eating that stuff... it tastes a lot like cardboard
    cardboard/crap doesnt sound so bad...kidding I think ill pass :)
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but know of 4 people who have and that all quit because the food was pretty horrid. As an alternative, why don't you check into Amy's, Cedar Lane, and Larabars. Amy's and Cedar lane are organic frozen meals (they even have breakfast omelettes!). They are really good and much better for you than any other pre-packaged meals I have ever come across and contain more veggies. Oh and Kashi has some good ones too, now that I think about it. The Larabars are my breakfast choice when I'm in a hurry... They are delicious and contain anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of fruit per bar plus nuts and are minimally processed--they're practically raw. None of these are cheap, but honestly neither is Nutrisystem. Of course fresh is always best, but sometimes you just don't have the extra time and I get that! Best of luck!
  • starkitty78
    Options
    I never personally tried it, but they had a ton of it at my local Ollie's (small bargain discount discount chain in Pennsylvania). I looked through some of what they had. For one, even though it was closeout I still think it cost to much. I don't remember exactly what the prices were now, but for the price of two little pouches of cereal I could go over to Aldi's and get a whole box. Second, After seeing what some of the food was, and how long of a longgggggggggggg shelf life it had, all I could think to myself was "how?" Needless to say it took them months to get rid of it all.
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did the Nutrisystem for 1 months, back in 2010. I lost 7 lbs in a week.:happy: However, the food was really expensive.:noway: , I could not eat 0.5 of the meals (I don't eat chicken, beef, or pork) and did I mention it was expensive. I ended up gaining 7+ pounds when I abandoned the program. :brokenheart: The money I spent on this program was not helpful. I could have hired a personal trainer to teach me good eating and exercise habits. Try a personal trainer for 2 months, instead. :wink:

Honestly, myfitnesspal has best the tool in helping monitor my caloric intake. If you really want to try Nutrisystem, they sell the products at BigLot!. I think they are a dollar a meal.

Best,
  • mscargill
    mscargill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Mom did it and it was very expensive. She wound up just eating the snacks and the rest went to ruin! You will lose weight but it isn't teaching you to eat healthy meals. Probably better off buying a quick prepare, low fat cookbook and seeing what's in there. Plus there are lots of online sites that can give you the information. However, for a quick weight loss to get you started, Nutrisystem might work.
  • suslor
    suslor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used it when I committed to quitting smoking. I lost about 30 pounds in 3 months and quit smoking at the same time. I haven't had a cigarette since (2.5 years), but I have gained the weight back. I swear they put black beans in the desserts. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat another black bean. After awhile the thought of eating that stuff almost made me sick. I'm doing just as well here and I can eat food I love!
  • okstategurl
    Options
    I used it when I committed to quitting smoking. I lost about 30 pounds in 3 months and quit smoking at the same time. I haven't had a cigarette since (2.5 years), but I have gained the weight back. I swear they put black beans in the desserts. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat another black bean. After awhile the thought of eating that stuff almost made me sick. I'm doing just as well here and I can eat food I love!

Hold on back up...black beans in dessert? I dont think so HAHA!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I did the Nutrisystem for 1 months, back in 2010. I lost 7 lbs in a week.:happy: However, the food was really expensive.:noway: , I could not eat 0.5 of the meals (I don't eat chicken, beef, or pork) and did I mention it was expensive. I ended up gaining 7+ pounds when I abandoned the program. :brokenheart: The money I spent on this program was not helpful. I could have hired a personal trainer to teach me good eating and exercise habits. Try a personal trainer for 2 months, instead. :wink:

Honestly, myfitnesspal has best the tool in helping monitor my caloric intake. If you really want to try Nutrisystem, they sell the products at BigLot!. I think they are a dollar a meal.

Best,

I've found the same to be true about MFP. I love being on this site!! I'm pretty much addicted at this point. It's been so helpful! And good call on trying it out at Big Lots!! I totally forgot they sold it there!! I'd actually go buy the chocolate coconut bars!!! Sooooo yummy!! I still have several items left over....and I just take some to keep at work in case I am not able to bring something else while there.
  • ashmitatua
    ashmitatua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried Nutrisystem after she had her baby. She had gained almost 60lbs and then went on Nutrisystem and lost about 30lbs. As soon as she stopped, she gained back all the weight plus more.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Gross food. Everything tastes like it is made with rotten green peppers. I wasted money on that... wish I hadn't.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Home cooked healthy meals will always be superior. As stated in the first comment, if you have one day or evening to prep for a few days you are good to go.

You can go the leftover route by cooking more food. I am more of fan of cooking specific foods for my lunches, crock pot works wonders for that.

Or at least do basic food preps that can be used for multiple meals. Diced veggies can always be added to dishes and since the prep is done your cook time is reduced.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Icky, unhealthy, highly processed, highly preserved foods... Plus, you still have to provide your own veggies, which are a huge part of the diet. Expensive and not worth it. I wound up selling my food on ebay.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    I tried it about three years ago and lost 20 lbs but the food was horrible and the reason you lose weight is because the food taste so bad you do want to eat it. It took me a while to figure out the foods that were semi okay. it is kind of expensive too.Plus you end up gaining the weight back. The meals are so tiny it is like similar to what a toddler eats. You can do that on your own just eat half of everything you usually eat. Only have three meals and one snack.

You are better off making your own health foods. I have a busy schedule too and and I have a family and took me forever to realize that there is no easy way i just need to take the time to make fast healthy food. When you start planning your own meals it is not as bad as you think. Invest in a crock pot or a indoor grill. Make enough so that you can have left overs.

Nutrisystem can help u lose the weight and it might give you an idea of how little you have to eat to lose weight. It will also make you appreciate real food more because the food is so gross. If you really want to try it give it a shot but there are better ways to lose weight and keep it off.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

Hold on back up...black beans in dessert? I dont think so HAHA!

Black bean brownies are actually pretty tasty, especially with a glop of Cool Whip. I have a South Beach recipe that I use.