I'm new here.

Options
Hi everyone... I'm new here. I began my official diet on Monday of this week. I'm 27 years old and I have had 4 kids over the past 5 years and I can't seem to drop the extra (40+) pounds) that I have been carrying around since becoming a mother. I think I eat pretty well, I avoid snacks and junk food, fast food and soda. I pride myself in my ability to cook, and I think I am pretty good at providing nutritious food for me and my family. But I have a hard time with portion control. If its there, I'll eat more... even if I tell myself that it has health benefits, I can't seem to stop myself from having seconds.

I signed up when I found the free calorie counter, I think that really put into perspective how many calories I am eating everyday. But I think its also important to have the support to really do it this time.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Well I think you have come to the right place. You right about portion control~ it is very important. Good Luck!
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    welcome!

dont hesitate ro ask any questions, people here are VERY helpful!!

Good Luck!

JF
  • toninak
    toninak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!:smile:
  • onevpb
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i am new here! my name is christina. itry my best by excersing on my wii. with games like wii fit plus, biggest loser, ea sports active and they all count calories as well. so i think i am off to a good start. and i log everything i eat.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i am new here! my name is christina. itry my best by excersing on my wii. with games like wii fit plus, biggest loser, ea sports active and they all count calories as well. so i think i am off to a good start. and i log everything i eat.

have you tried "punch out!"? it's hella fun and a very complete work out if you play with the wii board!
  • kleeba
    kleeba Posts: 11
    Options
    "I signed up when I found the free calorie counter, I think that really put into perspective how many calories I am eating everyday"

That is exactly how I felt!! Couldn't believe that through my "healthy eating" I was still eating too many cals.
    Hang in there!
  • Quianaaikens
    Options
    Hello im new here my name is Quiana ive been yoyoing for a very long time.... im ready for change and i hope ive found the right site. Ive been tellin myself for the past ten years im going to wear a size eight never made it. of course through the years after i had my first child who is now ten i said im going to lose the weight didnt happen now im married it will be three years this year and i have twins that will be two this yr...im done havin children so now i need to conquer this weight... if you have any ideas and want to be my friend on here please send me a invite.... thanks im looking forward too the NEW ME IN 2010!!!!!!!!