The "Almost There" Slump

Options
In July, I made the decision to lose 31 lbs. I was at 151 with a goal of 120. Flash forward to right now. I've lost 21 of those 31 lbs through watching my portions, keeping count of my calories, and a combination of heavy lifting and cardio. I'm really pleased with the progress I've made, but over the last three weeks I've found myself stalling. I'm no longer losing .5 lb - 1lb a week. This is fine, I expected this and have pretty much set my goal at losing the last 10 lbs by March. It doesn't have to be fast, but the thrill of watching the scale go down week by week is gone. A combination of life events (conferences, a new man, etc) have completely thrown off my lifting/running routine for three weeks and while I know I have to get back into the swing of things, I just don't feel like it. I've been eating much more carelessly as well. Not enough to gain, but not enough to make any progress. I do not want to yo-yo.

Has anyone else been through this? Especially when you're so close to your goal? How did you deal?

Replies

• r3ban1x
    r3ban1x Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I only had 20 lbs to lose to begin with but stalled at 5 so am still wanting to lose 10-15 more but really have put no effort into it. For the holidays really just hoping not to gain any the maybe with the new semester at school I'll have a little more time to commit. It's hard once you are at a "good enough" place.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think this is pretty common, but its something you gotta overcome!

What motivated you to lose to weight in the first place, try the same or similar tactics, maybe that will help?

Also think of it like this... you've already lost 21 pounds, so 10 more pounds should be a cinch!

Just try and log your food as much as possible, and maybe and spice up the exercise routine:
    try a new fitness class like zumba, or join an adult sports team for beginners like tennis or volleyball, or even something you could do with your new man? *cough* tandem bicycles *cough* :)

You've got to dig down and find the motivation inside of you, you've gotten this far, you can and will do this!