Thanksgiving is almost here..

Options
2»

Replies

• iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello, My husband and I are going to my moms house this year shes cooking...(YIPPIE!!:bigsmile: ) She has been changing up her lifestyle as well so she is going to have lots of healthier choices for people.. I think it is perfectly okay to treat yourself to that slice of pie but always be in control of your choices.. just because its a holiday does NOT mean you need to gain weight.. people gain alot of weight during this time for that reason. I will be making healthy food choices because this is the lifestyle I choose to live..I want to eat healthy because if I dont I feel run down and blahh.. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!:flowerforyou:
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thursday it's going to be just me and my boyfriend here at home and I'm making spaghetti! We are bucking tradition this year and doing our own thing. Friday we are going to his mother's for a ham dinner with mashed (hopefully sweet) potatoes, a cranberry salad, chix and noodles (not entirely sure, but we'll go for it!), and corn or corn casserole. Of course pumpkin pie for dessert!!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great posts...except for the guy who thinks there have been 1000 posts on this subject... It is real interesting what others are planning on doing for this day.

I'm going to my family's for Thanksgiving this year for a change. I usually spend it at home with a close, long-time friend. The menu at my family's is: fish, scolops, crabs, sausage, corn, and a couple of other things I can't remember thrown in the pot. I'm drinking Crystal Light and not eating any sweet deserts as I'm diabetic. They invited me this year, so, I'm for sure going!

When I get back home, for the next day, my friend and I will have a smoked turkey (got one free with a new Rx at supermarket), mustard greens, green bean casserole, & some sweet potatoes that were on sale. We are both diabetic, so, it works good with the food for us.

I plan on watching what I eat and also trying to get some walking on the treadmill in during this time.
    Amy in Florida