ugh

Options
Is the MFP calorie suggestion correct? They gave me 1320ish to work with, and I am so freaking hungry. And yes, I eat things like cottage cheese and peanut butter, love my protein!

Replies

• SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think it overestimates exercise calories burnt and 1320 for you is possibly to lose 2lb/wk assuming no exercise - you can earn more calories to eat by working out or even just getting yourself moving
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat 3-4 food groups in every meal, it helps you to feel more satisfied. For lunch I had 1 cup low fat cottage cheese with 1 cup pineapple chunks mixed into it, 7 multigrain wheat thins, and 1/2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter to dip my wheat thins in. Four food groups, seems to work for me. Good luck!! Oh, feel free to look at my diary. I don't eat meat right now, so it's all meatless. I usually eat the same thing all the time, so that's not for everyone. Yesterday I did splurge, but most days I stay around 1200 cal a day.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    :heart:
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks, i noticed I haven't been hitting several food groups...I am on the go alot, so I tend to resort to granola bars and the such while I am driving. I will definitely try and incorporate more food groups!
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    hmmm....well, maybe 2 lbs a week is too much then; they were only giving my 1320 without any exercise incorporated at all...I am going to recalculate for just 1lb a week weight lost.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Try eating ridiculous amounts of low calorie foods before eating the good stuff. It's a habit that has helped me a great deal and now I crave greens. I am on 1200 a day and it just isn't enough. When I eat a pile of collard greens that is bigger than my head, it makes it easier. :)
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you've cut out carbs (or drastically reduced them) since you started with the 1320-ish calories you need to make sure you're getting enough healthy fats along with your protein to curb hunger. Drink lots of water. I try to keep my meals around 300 and my snacks around 100 so I can eat more often. I am on a 1200 calorie diet according to the suggestions from MFP.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Up your cals a bit. Honestly up them as much as you want while still eating a deficit.

From your pic you don't look like you need to lose any [large amount of] weight so it should be smooth sailing.

And don't forget to log if you take a long walk somewhere or if there is a lot of movement in your day maybe change to more active in your goals?