Be honest-do you notice when people don't shave at the gym??

Options
LOL!! I am seriously curious because I had to do this today...When I was single, I never would have gone to the gym without shaving, but now, as an about to be married mom of 2, honestly, I forget sometimes! As I did tonight. I usually go work out right after work, I bring my workout clothes to work with me and change there. So, as I was changing, I realized SH**!! Well, its either no workout or go like this, so I picked go like this! Do people really notice or are people so wrapped up in their own workouts they don't really care?? I am not trying to impress anyone when I go to the gym, hence, the reason why I still went, but I am just curious... ladies and gents, have you ever done this or noticed someone who has?? Lets be honest.... :ohwell:

Replies

• lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Girl, honestly I am so focused on not falling over or passing out or looking stupid that I would never notice! I say good for you for going without shaved legs! :flowerforyou:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I really don't even pay attention beyond the guys with massive facial hair in the summer, and that is merely morbid curiosity as in "How the H is his face not melting off? It is 120*!!!"
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Beautiful family pic on your ticker BTW :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Never, ever noticed such a thing. Just not looking for such a thing. I am looking for my stations and hoping they are not occupied. That's all.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Haha this happens to me all the time, and i am not comfortable thinking people are looking at my legs..but i personally focus on working out and don't worry about other people Around me, specially if they shaved or not! So i hope other people do the same!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I notice when I don't if I'm doing stuff that requires that I lift weights with my arms raised. But I don't notice others. I figure, eh, it'll stop guys from talking to me with hairy pits :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Legs are arm pits? How long are we talking? I only shave my legs about once a week. I have pretty blonde leg hairs. Pits I try to shave every other day.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Beautiful family pic on your ticker BTW :)

Thanks girl! :smile:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I hardly look at other people at the gym.. I really don't give a damn about their looks! But still I don't dare to go unshaved..
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't notice because when I am in the gym I am on a MISSION to get my walk and weights workout in. I am focused on what I need to do. I'm aware that other people are in there, but not so much I'm noticing details like if they shaved or not. pffffft. :smile:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Never ever, others might be different but I don't get a chance to look, too busy with being out if breath and concentrating!!!
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I notice when I don't if I'm doing stuff that requires that I lift weights with my arms raised. But I don't notice others. I figure, eh, it'll stop guys from talking to me with hairy pits :laugh:

Haha! I like that attitude, lol. That is kind of what I was thinking too
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i would never notice...i don't give a crap lol...and if i forget to shave my underarms i don't give crap either :tongue:
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Other people go to the gym?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I seriously could not care less about what other people at the gym have going on.
  • Lalamontour
    Options
    i only notice if they dont shave their pits
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I never look at anyone else- I'm totally hostile! ;)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone's eyes be looking at your legs arm pits, 5 o clock shadow or any other part that may need shaving? I guess I go towork out and mind my own business.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I rarely workout at the gym I mostly just judge everyone else
  • xPeaceLuvVeggiesx
    Options
    I used to go to school [Gym class] with my legs hairy. IDK if anyone else noticed but I didn't care LOL.