TIPS? Preparing to Start P90X Next Week!

Options
My Hunny has the DVDs and equipment needed, and we are going to do this together. We have been together for nine months and decided that the last three months of our first year together would be well spent doing this together!
We eat well and will not be purchasing the ingestible products at this time, but I would love to hear your tips! Feel free to add me as well. Day 1 of Phase 1, Week 1, (sounds epic, right?) starts next Wednesday on the 28th.

Nervous about the commitment of 90 days straight, but excited about it too.

Replies

• angiehubert
    angiehubert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips but I'm right there with you! I am just finishing a 12 week round of Turbo Fire and am ready to take on P90X starting Dec 3. Good luck to you and hubby!
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks away from graduating :D My best advice is Tony's advice...Do your best, forget the rest...and...stick to it!!!!! Add me if you want :)
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and your husband! I really liked P90x but the only thing I can think to tell you is to allow plenty of time to do the videos. They tend to be lengthy, in my opinion! Tony can be a little windy!! LOL And definitely track your progress, that is very important!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Get ready to be really REALLY sore!! But don't be discouraged if you can't make it through the entire workout at first. Just do whatever you can. :wink:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am on my first week... Eeek! I love it so far. Advice is to get the diet on track now so it isn't so bad the first week.

Also prepare to be sore so buy Advil :)
  • Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166
    Options
    Did the P90X and most of the P90X+ not too long ago...

My advice...use the pause button!!! I needed it and so will you. It's better to rest for a bit, then continue the exercises with proper form than to half-*kitten* it because you're too exhausted to do them correctly.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did AbX 1st rather than 2nd and made huge difference on thos days. also agree with above. Don't be afraid or ashamed to hit that pause button. Get a good heart rate monitor and stay in your zone as well. Congrats on your journey. I'll be starting round 2 shortly. It's a great workout. Stick to a clean diet!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for a tough week or two--then you'll start getting into the groove. And like someone said, be prepared to take a long time every day. It's worth it though! Hope you love Tony as much as I do!

And it's good to have a group for accountability! Maybe you and your partner will be motivation enough, but I found checking in to an online forum to be hugely helpful in terms of making sure I did it every day!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of P90X ...
    Do your best..... have fun and push yourself!!! You will get results for sure!

I sent you a friend request ;)
  • Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also on my 2nd week. My advice is to make sure you're tracking your reps and weights. As I do it this week I'm trying to see if I can do the same reps as last week or push myself to get another rep in with good form. I also have a heart rate monitor and wear it everyday so I can compare my burns for each workout. Last week I burned 600 with Plyo X and yesterday I burned 611! So sometimes competeing with yourself is good for accountability.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with vegas on doing ab ripper first. I felt like my form was better. Another alternative is to split it up. I do abs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. That way it's done and out of the way. Then you can keep the other workouts under an hour.
  • Candistixs
    Options
    I too started this week...on day 3. I'm doing the lean and I agree don't get discouraged....if you need to rest or take a break, pause it then resume.