Running shoes for High Arches

Options
Hey Guys. I figured out lately that I have high arches which is causing SO much pain when I run and do step aerobics in my current sneakers. Just wondering if anyone out there has the same issue and what kind of shoes you use or if you have inserts or something you like? Thought I'd ask around before I go find some new sneakers!

Replies

• morrismom0204
    morrismom0204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YOU NEED TO GET ORTHOTICS FOR YOUR FEET. tHE JUMPING WITH HIGH ARCHES ARE PULLING ON YOUR TENDONS AND WILL CAUSE plantar fascitis. If you have ever had it you will know how painful it is. Good luck. I use the asics GT 2100 series and my orthotics fit great with them
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and I was fitted with some Brooks running shoes. The Beast. They are for guys but if you find your local running store you'll be able to get some Brooks shoes pretty easy. Some of the best running shoes for people with extra weight or high arches.
  • HeatherLane
    Options
    Try Super Feet insoles, I ran a marathon this past year and used them and they worked perfect. They have a website or you can purchase at running stores. THey have a 100% guarantee offer on them, if they dont work you can return and get your money back. Hope this helps!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I wear Brooks and nothing else now. They are incredible. If you go to a running store, they can fit you properly for a pair.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    wow! thanks guys! i will definitely look into these options. my mother is going to look for me tomorrow in the city and if the shoes aren't good i will look into some of the inserts you mentioned! thanks again!
  • morrismom0204
    morrismom0204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sorry I wasn't "yelling" I just didn't realize my cap locks was on.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    sorry I wasn't "yelling" I just didn't realize my cap locks was on.

LOL

WE HEARD YOU ALREADY!! STOP YELLING!!! :laugh:

New Balance might be able to fit you with something too. I know they have shoes for those who pronate (lean heavily to the outside of the foot, or under-pronate, leaning heavily to the inside of the foot). Get fitted by a specialty shop or two.
  • bjs06
    Options
    haha no worries
  • bjs06
    Options
    my mom got my some adidas shoes made for high arches and im trying them out today. wish my poor feet luck! aha