seeking support to bust the plateau

Options
hey,
im trying to bust my long held plateau, iv spent almost 3years losing alot of weight but the last 12 months ive plateaued and only want to lose another 5 kg11/lbs. i have started running more and that has seen me lose another kg or so but i cant seem to get below 71 kg. seeking ways to bust it. id like to settle at 65 kg . a bit more than in my 20's which is realistic.
can u help in any way?

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i dont know much about plateaus because i was fortunate enough not to hit one but im more then happy to offer motivation!
  • shedges4u
    shedges4u Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding Interval Training to your workouts? High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a good way to increase your burn and lose those extra pounds. How often are you eating? Try eating every 2 -3 hours - small meals. Speeds up your metabolism. Keep it as clean as possible. I'm a fitness coach and would be happy to help you reach your goal. Feel free to email me @ shedges4u@yahoo.com!

Thanks!
    Susan
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've been in a year-long plateau myself. I cut calories, I workout more, I workout less, I lose a couple pounds and that's it. Maybe between the two of us we can see where we're sabotaging ourselves. Feel free to add me if you like - I workout at least 6 days a week, usually twice a day (AM & PM), mixing them up from yoga to martial arts to circuit training to Tai-Chi, somewhere along the way, I'll break this plateau (only 10 lbs left, or at least burn off 10 lbs & replace with muscle!)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you under-eating? It may be the cause. What is your calorie intacke per day and how many exercise calories do you burn on average? If your net is too low it can make you plateau.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    yes please!! the more motivation the better. i think us girls hit plateaus alot more
  • embersdream
    Options
    hey susan, thanks for the feedback. Yes i have done hiit before but not for a year now. i have started running more and that is working. I eat fairly clean, no wheat and dairy except yoghurt and hardly any sugar at al but do have stevia and only chocolate one weekend a month. I drink too much coffee and alot of external stress and so wonder if maybe it my liver and adrenals being taxed a bit too much. but i gotta say the running has started to shift the plateau a bit, but just bought a pt pack of 6 sessions which im hoping will just give me an edge to make it past that plateau. thankyou soooo much for the support it really really helps
  • embersdream
    Options
    oh it sounds familiar, but i dont think im training as hard as you are. Maybe the weight number is now irrelevant for you? Im a similar size to what i was prior to kids, give or take a bit ( talking 11 years here) but i weigh about 8 kg more because i work out now...?
  • embersdream
    Options
    Are you under-eating? It may be the cause. What is your calorie intacke per day and how many exercise calories do you burn on average? If your net is too low it can make you plateau.
    you may be right , i keep my diary on my phone not on here as its more convenient and am often under after i work out . low carb and high protein to, no/low sugar. i am dairy and wheat intolerant anyway ... but healthy food eg. today it was 3 tblsp brown rice, organic beets and sweet potato and a small chicken thigh , and thats a big carb meal for me. It feel like im doing the diet to stay where i am and running is just inching it down ever so slightly.
  • embersdream
    Options
    sorry everyone i only just worked out how to use the quote button doh!
  • embersdream
    Options
    i dont know much about plateaus because i was fortunate enough not to hit one but im more then happy to offer motivation!
    yes please motivation most definately welcome!
  • embersdream
    Options
    yes for sure , happy to share tiips on whats working and whats not working, try and nut it out with you
  • FluroFaye
    Options
    I would say you're eat FAR too little. Whilst that meal sounds healthy and is to a degree, there's no where near enough. You should probably be on about 1700 cals a day ish
  • embersdream
    Options
    Have you tried adding Interval Training to your workouts? High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a good way to increase your burn and lose those extra pounds. How often are you eating? Try eating every 2 -3 hours - small meals. Speeds up your metabolism. Keep it as clean as possible. I'm a fitness coach and would be happy to help you reach your goal. Feel free to email me @ shedges4u@yahoo.com!

Thanks!
    Susan
    sorry susan i added a reply but didnt quote you ! but thankyou again for the tips. i have done hiit before and i didnt lose weight but my calves and arms lost inches big time. i have just bought a pt pack from my gym so will use it to find a bit of inspiration to try something new.
  • embersdream
    Options
    I would say you're eat FAR too little. Whilst that meal sounds healthy and is to a degree, there's no where near enough. You should probably be on about 1700 cals a day ish
    thats not all i have eaten today!! lol i had naturopathic protein powder with yoghurt blueberried, lsa , chlorella and walnuts and then a peach to. And gf chicken pitta bread pizza for dinner most likely no cheese though. ummmm and about 4 coffees!
  • embersdream
    Options
    you may be right , i keep my diary on my phone not on here as its more convenient and am often under after i work out . low carb and high protein to, no/low sugar. i am dairy and wheat intolerant anyway ... but healthy food eg. today it was 3 tblsp brown rice, organic beets and sweet potato and a small chicken thigh , and thats a big carb meal for me. It feel like im doing the diet to stay where i am and running is just inching it down ever so slightly.
    to clarify that is what i ate for lunch , not for the entire day!!!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    you may be right , i keep my diary on my phone not on here as its more convenient and am often under after i work out .
    [/quote]

Hi :)

I downloaded the MFP app on my iPhone. This way, I update (food/exercise) on my phone while I'm out or whenever and if I want to update on the computer, I can update on the computer.

The nice thing about it is that whenever I update on the phone, it automatically syncs to the computer and vice versa.

Just wanted to let you know. Whatever works best for you! :drinker:
  • embersdream
    Options
    thanx Bethany