Eating my work out calories.

Options
There is simply no way I can eat more calories! I just am not hungry. I work out at the start at the day, I also calculate the amount of calories that I walk throughout the day at the end of the day. Today i just did 75 mins of hot yoga from 7-830. Where do i have room to eat more food/calories.

I know I need to eat these calories to avoid my body to go into starvation mode, and I don't want to do that. I am eating as I normally would eating healthy. I almost feel like i should eat a slice of pizza to get my calorie count up. The other areas of my daily nutritional intakes are on track.

Please help. Suggestions?

Replies

• lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i second this post... at the end of the day after my workout, i need to consume sometimes 1000 more calories... i know if I did this, it would be disastrous...
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of things you can do to boost the calories. I find that a nice protein shake can be helpful. 10oz of milk with a scoop of whey gives you a decent amount of protein to rebuild the muscles and gives you about 300 - 350 calories. Peanut butter is also another good alternative. That will give you about 190 - 200 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion if you feel like you should be eating more calories would be to try to sneak in a few pieces of fruit as snacks throughout the day, or other healthy snacks (pretzels, cheese and crackers, popcorn, etc.). Also, I don't think you need to feel like you need to eat ALL of your workout calories; that would kind of negate the work you're doing toward weight loss. If you only eat some of those calories, you'll be giving your body the extra fuel it needs for your workouts without undoing the work you've just done.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of things you can do to boost the calories. I find that a nice protein shake can be helpful. 10oz of milk with a scoop of whey gives you a decent amount of protein to rebuild the muscles and gives you about 300 - 350 calories. Peanut butter is also another good alternative. That will give you about 190 - 200 calories for 2 tbsp.

Peanut butter is also one of my favorite ways to use up extra calories! I put 1 Tb. on a toasted Thomas' 100 calorie bagel. That is one of my favorite night time snacks when I have some left over calories to eat.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a glass of milk = about 400 calories
    Add an ounce of almonds to 2 snacks = 300 calories

Plan your day when you know you'll be working out.
    My understanding is it *may* not be necessary for you to eat *all* of your exercise calories (everyone is different), but eating some of them, especially if you're not obese, is probably a good idea.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    As I had this problem which led to a stalled weight loss, I decided to make breakfast the king of my meals, so after my intense workouts I give my body a good breakfast ranging from shakes to protein pancakes w/egg whites. I now break my meals into 3- 400 calorie meals and 3 snacks at 150-250 a piece and I will eat my last snack at 9pm, usually protein based. I will leave 100-200 calories if it is just too much...but so far so good as I lost a 1lb already.

HTH,
    Michelle