AM Workouts

Hi everyone!
I am looking for some tips/suggestions on getting back on track with morning workouts. Before I was hospitialized I was able to wake up 5:30am and head right to the gym. It was an awesome start to my day and I would LOVE to be able to do that again. I have a VERY hard time waking up in the morning now. As much as I try to wake up early I just feel exhausted and no ambition to go to the gym. Any help on how I can try to change this would be much appreciated! Thank you so much!

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Maybe go to a GNC or similar place and pick up a small size container of a pre-workout supp like C4. It is about as effective as slamming a huge coffee without all the sugar and calories. Helps get me moving on days like that.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    agree with the pre workout but id say dont jump all the way to c4 its really powerfull maybe start out with one of the weaker ones
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    I really struggled with working out in the morning. What I did was find an exercise that I could do on the way to work and in any spare time that I had and soon enough I became motivated again!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    I have been working out at 5 in the morning for probably 10 years now. I say that getting a good night's sleep is vital. I have to be asleep by 9:30 every night to know that getting up will be easier. Your body will get used to it again. Just think....no excuses.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    I have been working out at 5 in the morning for probably 10 years now. I say that getting a good night's sleep is vital. I have to be asleep by 9:30 every night to know that getting up will be easier. Your body will get used to it again. Just think....no excuses.
    ^^^ This
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Well thank you sooo much everyone for the suggestions!! I really appreciate it!! I cant wait to be back where I once was. I used to LOVE the morning workouts!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    I wake up at 3:25AM most days to go to the gym. I wouldn't say I like this, but I hate the crowds after work, and frankly, I would make excuses as to why I couldn't go after work.
    I have my bag packed, and the clothes I'm going to wear laid out and ready for me to jump into. If I am going to lift weights that day, I make a cup of coffee the previous night, and I pop it in the microwave as i am getting ready. I prefer a small cup of coffee to any sort of preworkout concoction.
    As soon as the alarm starts ringing, i get up and get ready. I'm usually in a crabby mood as I drive to the gym, but I go anyway.
    Once my workout is over, I feel a lot better, and I am usually ready to go to work several minutes earlier than the days i don't workout in the morning.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    And thank you for the pre-workout supp. To be honest I didnt even know that had something like that available!! Im excited to look into those options!!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    ^^^ This

Yep this for sure. I was up at 4am this morning to work out, you just have to get up and do it.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    if your really looking into the pre workout idea try to get a concentrated one they work better for me i feel like they would for you to
  • Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166

Adequate sleep > pre-workout supplements every day of the week. Sound advice! I do not recommend you taking supplements when you're just getting back into things...get enough rest and you'll be fine. JUST DO IT!
    :smile:
  • My work-life schedule is all over the map so sometimes I have to do the early morning workout.

1.) Get clothes/water bottle - everything ready the night before.
    2.) Put alarm clock on the other side of the room, so I have to get out of bed to turn it off
    3.) Coffee
    4.) Don't think to much about it, just go there and once I'm there, it's automatic.
    5.) Remember how I've feel previously - the good post-gym glow feeling on the way home, with the sun coming up and the honking breakfast that I now deserve!