strength training help!

Options
So, I have been working out, and maintaining my current wait for over a year, and consider myself fairly knowledgeable in the areas, but have recently run into a little bit of a wall. I had been a single mom for years, and couldn't get to the gym. So I became quiet accustomed to working with my beach body video's and typical at home training stuff. It was a hard transition from the gym world, but I fell in love with it equally. Now I'm back in the gym with my boyfriend for an hour and a half 4X a week, and I am feeling lost! I'm working on the c25k training so that takes care of 30 minutes, but I have another 45 I'm needing to fill! I'm not clueless, I make my way around the gym no problem. But I want a schedule! I want to split my training across the 4 days, and make the most of it! I want to feel as if I have that non stop schedule Im looking for! I'm kinda wacko with that stuff ... but nonetheless, I would LOVE to hear from all you pros out there. I'm pretty shy, and don't say much, but read all your stuff like its my job! lol ... I cant wait to hear some suggestions!!! :) Thanks all!!!!!

Replies

• efolmer
    Options
    Try to break it up into coordinating days. Chest/triceps on one day. Back/shoulder/biceps on another, Legs on a 3rd day. 4th day for cardio, etc. Good luck
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would do pyramids. Basically get 2-4 different excersices (arms, legs, mid, chest, whatever) and start with a higher number of reps like maybe 10 leg presses, ten curls, 10 sit ups, ect, and do a set of each. Use the time traveling between stations to catch a break, do 10 of the next excercise. Then when you get back to the first one do 9 reps, then 8, and work your way down. If you take enough time between em you wont feel a thing... untill the next day when you know you ripped yourself a new *kitten*. This is a muscle endurance excercise so low weight is a good idea. Don't bench press 75 lbs over and over again or you'll end up hating it.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks guys! Great advice. I can't wait to try the pyramid style training!