• mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Biggest difference - you go from peeing twice a day to about 200

^^ This, and my tattoos look brighter lol
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My skin feels far softer, no more blotches, oh and at TOM I no longer get sore boobs so that's a wonderful side-effect, probably the increase in water and reduction in sodium combined :happy:

You know...I noticed this in myself this morning (and my cramps seem reduced) and I wondered if all the water had anything to do with it
  • ElleEmmeKay
    Options
    Honestly, I sleep better! And it really helps me control my sugar intake. I know both of these have to do with your hormones, so I'm guessing that water helps my lymphatic and endocrine system process life better. I know that water also has a lot to do with helping your liver rid your body of toxins.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    I was hardly drinking water, but when my MFP pals drew attention to it I started drinking a lot more - my weight is going down a little faster, and I feel better, and I get less headaches (headaches can be an issue for me, sometimes I get cluster headaches as well).

And yes, I go to the loo 200 times a day! :)
  • amuseboucheUK
    amuseboucheUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Consider that water to the body is as oil to a car engine ... it aids the efficient workings of the body's chemical mechanisms especially the transfer of compounds around the body ... keeping your body topped up with water will ensure that you are running at top efficiency ... especially important when one is exercising and you want the sugars stored in fat to be transported to the muscles as quickly as possible to prevent cramps etc and prolong your ability to continue exercising...

Also be aware that most of the weight in fat is "water" rearranged with a few extra bits and bobs thrown in ... this has to be broken down into glucose for the body to respire... with the respiration formula C6 H12 O6 + 6 O2 → 6 CO2 + 6 H2O + Energy (34-36 ATP + heat) ... so you can see that for every mol of glucose you have 6 mols of wate water ... which is another reason why losing weight makes you pee...