Question about taking classes at a gym

Will it be weird if I go to the gym twice in one day?

Or will it be weird if I attend two classes in one day?

I'm trying to push myself to truly get a good workout hopefully at least 4 days a week. And I think I will do better in a class as opposed to working out on my own. But will that just seem strange and excessive to go to two classes in the same day? Depending on what classes are offered and if the rest of my schedule allows it, I may go in the morning and then later in the evening.

Just thought I'd get your opinions. Thanks! :)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    The answer is......it depends........on your schedule, on your level of fitness, on the nature and intensity of the workouts.

If you're just getting back into a fitness routine and it's been a while since you worked out it's probably not a great idea to start. Enthusiasm is a great thing but almost any exercise regimen requires your body to adapt. Trying to do too much too soon is usually an injury waiting to happen. On the other hand if one was lower intensity and impact than the other it could be very doable.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If you are trying to follow/learn a new type of class ( zumba, step, barre, yoga, etc) and do the low impact versions just to get in the "swing", it's probably not bad to do so. I try to do two sessions of barre 3 a day (10 minutes to 30 minutes) just because it helps to break it up.

Give it a "do". Lots of people do Yoga in the morning and a run in late afternoon/early evening.