Fun exercises???

Options
Any ideas out there? I hate exercising and I know I need too! Besides walking is there any fun exercises out there that are helping you lose weight?

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on gyms. I really enjoy working out at home. My current fav is my Zumba dvd's. I also enjoy just blasting the radio and doing whatever comes to me.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Dancing for sure. Biking , skating, or swimming are fun things that I enjoy when i can. Shooting hoops or a game of volleyball too. Fun stuff, more like play than exercise.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've heard Zumba is GREAT!! I want to try it. We had this girl at my WW demonstrate some moves and the look on her face alone made me want to do it. She looked like she was having the time of her life!
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The only "fun" excercise for me is when you got other friends around. Sports will dig into your cardio pretty good. Its easier to do cause your not forcing yourself to meet a "goal" your tryin to beat the other guy/girl. Some Wii games will give you a good workout if you put the effort into them.
  • VampyreKei
    Options
    I love using the Wii (Fit Plus and Gold's Gym), and LOVE the boxing! <3 It's so much fun! And I can easily burn like 100 cals in 30 mins =D
  • ajg36
    ajg36 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ice skating is a lot of fun, and doesn't even feel like exercise to me for the most part; yet it's great cardio.
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Carmen Electra's workout videos. They're so fun and teach you some great moves. ;)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Any ideas out there? I hate exercising and I know I need too! Besides walking is there any fun exercises out there that are helping you lose weight?

For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
  • oh_mi_god
    Options
    I also enjoy blasting the music really loud and dancing!!! It's great!

Also dying to try zumba, it sounds fantastic!
  • Depends on what "fun" is for you. I don't like working out alone I get motivated with group excercises or sports. I play soccer and my favorite team excercise is bootcamp classes, it's hard work but fun at the same time, you have someone there to motivate you just when you think you can't do it any longer. Bootcamp Training is now pretty much in every street corner in every town, just like Starbucks !! :0)

The only way to find out if you like something is to try it ...there's something out there for you I'm sure. Good luck !!

Cheers
    D