My favourite 450 calorie lunch :) what's yours?

Options
sannsk
sannsk Posts: 203 Member
Well, just out of curiousity, actually... this is what I had for lunch today, and although it may not look like a whole lot of food, it's 450 calories of yummieness :)

in detail:
3 ryvita crackers: 102 cals
almonds 15g: 94 cals
pistachios 15g 87 cals
mixed roasted nuts 15g: 98 cals
cumcumber 40g: 6 cals
cheese wedge 1 portion: 42 cals
redcurrant berries 20g: 10 cals
zero sugar strawberry jam: 7 cals

IMG-20121121-00117-1.jpg

What did you have for lunch today?

Replies

• I think that would be a slice of Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake and a latte.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If I could afford 450 calories for lunch it would be a kids meal from Wendy's. Nuts and a cheese wedge just aren't going to cut it. My usual lunch is 250 or less, soup or a Lean Cuisine.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    My favorite is slightly higher in calories (465), but it satisfies me like nobody's business.

1 head of iceberg lettuce (yes, an entire head): 75 calories, along with a whopping 760 mg of potassium
    1 can of no-salt tongol tuna in spring water: 150 cal, along with 36 grams of protein
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil: 240 cal, all of it 28 grams of monounsaturated fat
    4 oz white vinegar: 0 cal
    Mixed in with the oil and vinegar are powdered garlic and paprika.

I eat this salad at a long, leisurely pace. I have a fruit snack usually later on (usually a banana, an orange, or a cup of grapes), but it's not part of the meal itself. Some days this salad is my breakfast. :-) I'll also have an infusion of carbs later on, usually 4 slices of WASA multigrain crispbread.

My other meals draw from a wider repertoire, but as far as favorites go that are close to 450 cal, this salad is it.
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mokey...450 calories is way too many calories for lunch. I try to stay under 300 and its usually a Michelina's Lean Gourmet meal
  • sannsk
    Options
    My favorite is slightly higher in calories (465), but it satisfies me like nobody's business.

1 head of iceberg lettuce (yes, an entire head): 75 calories, along with a whopping 760 mg of potassium
    1 can of no-salt tongol tuna in spring water: 150 cal, along with 36 grams of protein
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil: 240 cal, all of it 28 grams of monounsaturated fat
    4 oz white vinegar: 0 cal
    Mixed in with the oil and vinegar are powdered garlic and paprika.

I eat this salad at a long, leisurely pace. I have a fruit snack usually later on (usually a banana, an orange, or a cup of grapes), but it's not part of the meal itself. Some days this salad is my breakfast. :-) I'll also have an infusion of carbs later on, usually 4 slices of WASA multigrain crispbread.

My other meals draw from a wider repertoire, but as far as favorites go that are close to 450 cal, this salad is it.

Sounds great :laugh: I love tuna too, but try not to eat it more than 2 times a week. But it really is a protein bomb :-D
  • sannsk
    Options
    I agree with Mokey...450 calories is way too many calories for lunch. I try to stay under 300 and its usually a Michelina's Lean Gourmet meal

aren't everybody's calorie needs different?
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

aren't everybody's calorie needs different?

Yes they are! My favorite lunch lately is 560 calories! Lol. It's four slices whole wheat toast, two fried whole eggs, and 30g of old cheddar cheese. Yum!
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I just had tomato and basil soup and a cheese scone. Came in at 455 cals. Even yummier because I went in the bakery just as they were getting the scones out of the oven. Smelt delish!
  • FitEndAg_i
    Options
    Thank you very much for the tuna recipe, lunch today and many more!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I try to keep all my meals around 300 cals. Usually lunch is a tub of vegetable and bean stew/ soup that I've made at the weekend and put in the freezer. But today I was running errands so I picked up a couple of things from Marks and Spencer

Edemame Bean salad - 128 cals, and a snack pack of sushi at 140 cals. That one was higher in carbs than I'd normally go, but I haven't had sushi in ages so I really enjoyed it.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My favourite lunch at the moment is:

1/2 carton New Covent Garden Plum Tomato and Basil Soup (138 calories)
    2 slices Hovis wholemeal bread and 1 slice Low Low Cheddar made into a toastie (244 calories)

Total calories - 382.

I usually have an apple or a bag of dried plums for "pudding" which adds another 60 or so calories.

Today I actually had Wild Mushroom Soup, but it wasn't as nice as the tomato.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I am in the mood for.. Yesterday my breakfast was over 500 calories but it was soooo good.. Some days my lunch is between 300-400 calories ( soup ) or a sandwich and homemade fruit smoothie..just depends..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    450 is too much for lunch for me. I prefer my lunches are around 300 - 350 calories, but today I'm having about 3 oz of leftover baby back ribs (off the bone) with bbq sauce and a cup of mustard and collard greens sautéed in olive oil and garlic. 391 calories.

Yesterday was 1 cup carrot sticks, 1 cup celery sticks and 3 T peanut butter - 349 calories
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Big grilled chicken salad from a local sub shop or some home-made chili.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    450 is too much for lunch for me. I prefer my lunches are around 300 - 350 calories, but today I'm having about 3 oz of leftover baby back ribs (off the bone) with bbq sauce and a cup of mustard and collard greens sautéed in olive oil and garlic. 391 calories.

Yesterday was 1 cup carrot sticks, 1 cup celery sticks and 3 T peanut butter - 349 calories

Wow..how can you survive on that?? I like your lunch today sounds much more appealing..
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    A big a** salad. Lots of greens, onions, cucumbers, a few tomatoes, 6 oz of protein and 2T of dressing. Usually right around the 450 mark.

For a little higher, I love a can of tuna, 2T of mayo and a handful of rice crackers which comes in about 100 calories higher.

My food calories vary quite a bit from day to day, but average out to 1650. My goal is around 300 for breakfast, 500 for lunch, and 600 for dinner with 250 leftover for snacks and flexibility.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Wow..how can you survive on that?? I like your lunch today sounds much more appealing..

Well, no. I couldn't survive on just my lunch. I eat most of my calories in the evening.