24 Hour Fitness

mlove1307
mlove1307 Posts: 151
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone!!

I have a humongous, brand new 24-hour Fitness two miles from where I live && I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend getting a membership..

The classes they offer just seem like so much fun, especially zumba!!

I currently have an on-going Curves membership and have been thinking about joining a different gym for a while now. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!! :]

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I use the 24 Hour Fitness in Upland, CA. Where in Southern California do you live, if you don't mind me asking? That would give me a better idea as to the classes offered and the crowd situation.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    I go to 24 hour fitness.... I like it, I go to spin class which sometimes you have to sign up early for or get there early but its a great class, of course depending on your instructor but a good workout either way... other popular classes are kickboxing and zumba but I haven't tried those yet! Its a good gym overall and not very expensive, I pay 30 a month to go to any one that I want... good luck!!! :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • VballLeash
    I use the 24 Hour Fitness in Upland, CA. Where in Southern California do you live, if you don't mind me asking? That would give me a better idea as to the classes offered and the crowd situation.

I used to go to the one in Upland, then I moved back to my home town area, the one on summit is nice!

• i use 24 hr and its always so crowded during the morning. do a 7 day free trial and see what the crowed is like. also if you are really into it and think you might be committed you can get a membership at costco for 300 hundred dollars for 2 yrs and that includes going to all 24 hr gyms except the really fancy ones. my gym has a spin class, yoga and boot camp and basketball gym with hot tum and steam room and sauna. i have the membership from costco and pay much less that way.
  • just make sure the gym by your place qualifys ..to go with the membership from costco
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    If you like group classes, they are pretty good. Depends on each individual location, though. I belonged for about 12 years, but then an independent gym opened closer to me that was cheaper and also offered group classes. When I was at 24 Hour, I could attend any one in the country that I wanted to, which was nice when I was traveling. I agree with jhard, see about getting a free pass for a week and try it out. Good luck!
  • Thank you for all the tips and advice!! I would go to the 24 hour fitness in City of Industry.. it's fairly new and I think its a Sport, although I don't know what that means. I would probably just get a pass for that one because my home town doesn't have one closer than 50 miles and I spend summers there when I'm off school.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I haven't heard too much about the club in City of Industry, but the Upland club get SUPER crowded. For some of the popular classes like spinning, kickboxing, and Boot Camp, you have to get there early to get a pass and/or pay $1.00 for a reservation. The weight room is pretty spacious, but people are horrible at putting their weights away. You almost need steel-toed boots just to walk around! The pool is a 4 lane pool, but fills up fast. Not sure if you are a swimmer, but having an open lane is a MUST to get a decent workout in. Hopefully with a newer gym, they will keep the floors clean in the spa/sauna/steam room area. ALWAYS WEAR SHOES!!! I agree with some of the others here; get a trial membership and go at different times to check out the crowds. If it is always packed at the times you want to go, check out another gym. Also, try to take some of the classes that you would like to start doing. The instructors vary and some instructors are flat awful!!!!

Good luck!
  • VballLeash
    Have you guys tried the 24 lift or 24 SET class?!! I'm thinking about trying them out for strength training?! Thanks!!!

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Both the classes are good. 24 lift if you want to serious heavy weight lifting.
    SET is good when you are crunching for time to do both weight and cardio.
    I take both the classes to confuse the muscle.
    24 camp is good too.. similar to SET but harder.
This discussion has been closed.