New to this site - Here's to a new lifestyle

Hello Everyone

This is a huge step for me . . . My name is Natasha, I am 33 years young, and I live is Canada. I have been fighting with my weight for years and now I need to stop fighting and starting doing something about it. My dream of waking up skinny overnight doesn't seem to be coming true. I downloaded this app on my phone and have been using it for a couple days but one thing with me is I NEED motivation, tips, recipe shares, and even an encouraging push, so I am looking for friends to walk with my on this journey and I will do the same. I am still learning the site so be patient with me. Thank you so much everyone and look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome! This place has been great to find friends who are so supportive and will help in any way possible. My first thing is for yummy food that is good for you try www.skinnytaste.com. Also you can add me as a friend if you want. I have been pretty dedicated, although I do sometimes look here for the well needed motivation. Good luck on your journey.
  • Thank you so much Annams for this, I needed this and have added you. I am trying my best to motivate others as well, so please feel free to add me as well. You are right, on this site people have been really friendly, so this might be just what I am looking for and needing.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Hi
    Fellow Canadian here. 50 with 5 kids and been overweight for a very long time. Started here in August this year and down over 30 lbs so far. I love MFP, from the great food diary to all the supportive people I have made friends with, this space has been a life saver. You can add me as a friend if you like, I log everday and like to encourage others as much as they encourage me.
    Good luck with your efforts.
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Hi Natasha, I´m in the UK and have added you, Good Luck x
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    friend request sent.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi Natasha,
    new here myself.....my names diana, 41 with 2 kids and 1 grandchild..who all live with me..and a husband :)
    who all seem to be able to eat and eat and not gain..
    ya in the right place and welcome. :)
    and u can add me as well....
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Hi Natasha welcome to MFP
    how much weight are you wanting to lose?
    very best of luck to you, i'm sure you'll ace it x
  • Thank you SO much my fellow Canadian. I am really loving this site already. I will definately add you as a friend. Thank you again
  • Hey there

Thank you so much for the add and all the way from the UK too. I love that!