Hellish Singles Mixer

Options
Siege_Tank
Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
So last night was the second "fun happy hour singles mixer" I've went to in the last week. The first one was AWFUL because no one showed up, and I was stupid enough to come to the one last night.

It was on the other side of town, like a 45 minute drive for me, and it was a complete 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN FEST!!! Ugh I need 14 showers just to handle the stench of their cologne, desperation, and musky odors.. Seriously, older men need to bathe and dress less hipster.

There were 30 men at the event, all over 35, and only 4 girls, all under 30. To be fair the women were cute, and pretty sweet, and they all had a good sense of humor. But... did you ever see that movie 300?
tank.gif
That's what it was like. They SWARMED the women there, you could hear gerard butler style battle cries, and see the bodies and blood flying. "WOMEN, LAY DOWN YOUR PANTIES!!!"

"MEN, COME AND GET THEM!"

I really feel a mix of depression, sadness, and hopelessness. What was supposed to be a fun night out meeting new people turned into a waste of a babysitter and almost an entire night of my life.

FML.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have no words.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    a singles heterosexual mixer never works if it's a sausage fest....

true story
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Go to POF website. Good luck.
  • Siege_Tank
    Options

HAHA been there, done that. It's the same thing, most of the women have to sort through PILES of emails each day, and I have to imagine that it just gets tiring, most of the active people on POF are new and or trying really really hard.

Is it so wrong to just want to have a conversation, meet people? Why are guys such covetous *kitten*? You'd think that being a swarming hipster looking goober would fail enough times that they might actually try being nice once in a while.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

HAHA been there, done that. It's the same thing, most of the women have to sort through PILES of emails each day, and I have to imagine that it just gets tiring, most of the active people on POF are new and or trying really really hard.

Is it so wrong to just want to have a conversation, meet people? Why are guys such covetous *kitten*? You'd think that being a swarming hipster looking goober would fail enough times that they might actually try being nice once in a while.

Try going out somewhere that you like and chat up some of the girls there. :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Well.. I don't know. Not a total loss. I am madly amused at your story. That's a win right? :D
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Try a paid site (match.com). . The swarm isn't as bad, from what I hear. . And just try to be funny, genuine, friendly. . and check your spelling and for pete's sake get your pronouns right (i.e.. your vs you're and there vs they're vs their). .
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Ew, sounds gross.

You'd probably have more luck meeting women doing something not explicitly related to dating, like joining a co-ed rec league, taking a language class, jeez, anything. I can't imagine ever going to something like that.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Try a paid site (match.com). . The swarm isn't as bad, from what I hear. . And just try to be funny, genuine, friendly. . and check your spelling and for pete's sake get your pronouns right (i.e.. your vs you're and there vs they're vs their). .

The paid sites aren't any better....it's all a tossup anymore. :grumble:

And, LMAO about the pronouns...
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am on this site and it is a joke. I specifically stated that I was looking for someone to hang out with, NOT hook up with, and all I get is freaks who in their first message to me ask if I want to hook up. I mean really?
    I stated I wanted someone to do outdoor exercise with. Hiking, rock climbing and so forth.
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    I am on this site and it is a joke. I specifically stated that I was looking for someone to hang out with, NOT hook up with, and all I get is freaks who in their first message to me ask if I want to hook up. I mean really?
    I stated I wanted someone to do outdoor exercise with. Hiking, rock climbing and so forth.

^^ this is gross.

Also, with the grammar.. I got you covered good buddy, I'm a grammar snob! Not that I'm proud of it. It's loose, not lose, Their and There, they're NOT the same, Affect and Effect are two different words, Irregardless isn't a word unless you're an idiot, and there is no A in definitely. If you put an A in definitely, then you're DEFINITELY an A-hole =)

Also, I have to clarify, I wasn't upset about not finding someone, I wanted to go out with fun people and have a good time with people my age clinking brewskis and talking about football, not watch old buzzards try and feed on carrion.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ever notice star wars was the same way?
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    My favorite part of this story is how terrible all those other guys were but yet you were there too.
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    My favorite part of this story is how terrible all those other guys were but yet you were there too.

It was my first time meeting that singles group. My *ahem* friend told me to come, and it would be a fun time. I believed him.

brick.gif
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

That is one of the best dating tips I've seen in awhile, using pronouns correctly. Also be sure you know how to properly set a table.
  • willwillywilson
    Options

That is one of the best dating tips I've seen in awhile, using pronouns correctly. Also be sure you know how to properly set a table.

Fork. Knife. Plate. Anything more is silly.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

I'm serving soup.

You're now screwed.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I'm ever single again, I'm probably going to stay that way. I can't deal with meat markets.

I hope you have better luck with another approach.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I'm serving soup.

You're now screwed.

BAM!
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    I think I'm going to go to an antique store, buy an old wooden barrel, and just stand on it with one leg like captain morgan in random places until a girl talks to me. That would be efficient AND sexy!