5'8ish ladies...

Options
ladies who are around that height...

basically just looking for comparisons...

what is your highest, current, and goal weights?

i am 5'8, i was at least 230-240, currently 180 (was 162), goal of 150-155. i have a medium frame,

pics are welcome as they are motivational!!!

Replies

• starjewel16
    starjewel16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', highest weight 216 (40 weeks pregnant with my son), current 207, goal 170 or below. I really don't have any comparison pictures, but this is me right now:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/dream_me_a_dream/012.jpg

I'm hoping to lose enough weight in the next 4 weeks to look good in this dress without my stomach looking so nasty...lol
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I'm 5'8ish - started in March at 241lb - now 193lb (and have stayed there for a while, but my clothes are getting way looser as I do more strength training). Will re-evaluate when I get to 170. Not sure if I have a medium or medium-large frame. How do you tell?
    You can see some pics on my profile page :)
  • starjewel16
    starjewel16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    crap. can't get the picture to work.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'8ish, highest weight 193, current weight 165, goal weight around 150 (been too long, not sure what i'll feel best at!)

I'm actually getting very frustrated/discouraged because I see ladies around the same weight but they look SMALL! I must have a super high body fat percentage and I need it to go downnnnnnnnn, i'm all tummy :grumble: (and legs, but those are good legs lol)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    Highest - 185-189ish
    Currently - 163
    <

Goal - 150 with an ultimate goal of 140
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    5'8, currently 162. My highest was 190's. My goal is 140 also.
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5.8" HW 260lbs CW 174lbs and GW 150lbs. Right now my weight loss has slowed down alot, however I have recently started to lift heavy weights. My current dress size is 10 - 12.
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'9". Currently 220, looking to get down to at least 160, then I will reassess, but my ultimate goal weight would be about 145.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm' 5'8", small frame, started off around around 12 stone and now down to 10 stone. I think my ideal target weight is about 9 and a half stones, although I have a lot of weight to lose from around my hips which I'm not sure another half stone will achieve. However I've never really been in proportion so I might just have to live with it.

I would say that my targets are actually more about inches than weight, I am at 25" waist and 35" hips which I think I am quite happy with (I was stuck at 36.5" on hips for AGES) but if I could get another inch off my hips I would be absolutely ecstatic. I am hoping Insanity will help me with that :)

Good luck!
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a half. I was around 150 or 155 when I started running earlier this year. I was down to 143 when I found this site. My goal weight is 130- which I'm maintaining right now. It puts me right around a 20 BMI. I've got around 19-21% body fat. I'm trying to build more muscle so I don't jiggle so much. If I gain weight with strength training, so be it, but I like the size I am right now. I can wear a women's/ misses size 4 and a junior's size 5 in jeans, which I never thought was possible.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5'8" HW 181 CW 166 GW 135...We can do it !!!!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    5'9" highest 230
    now 190 (12w pregnant)
    GW 145
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 5'8.
    Highest weight: 185 lbs
    Current Weight: 168 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 140 lbs (I felt the most comfortable at this weight)
  • hollykaplan
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I weigh 195 and my goal weight is 135.
  • aliclifton
    Options
    I'm a little taller, 5'10, my highest weight was 233, I am currently 228 and my goal is 170. While 5 pounds doesn't seem like a big deal since I've been working at this for 2 years I also have to remember than I've put on a lot of muscle in the last 2 years and dropped from a 38% body fat to a 30%.
  • tab701
    Options
    I am 5'8 as well. Highest weight was 246ish (at least that is the weight I was when I started my journey, might have been more) Lowest I have been was 153 and current is 161 (a little backtracking this last 9 months) goal is 145.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 ( maybe 5' 7.5") and my highest non pregnant weight was around 240 ish right after I gave birth to my son. I joined MFP when I was around 220 lb last June. I went down to 185 lb by this April. At that point I got pregnant again , and unfortunately I am packing on the pounds very quickly with this pregnancy. If thing will not change dramatically in this last 5 weeks, I 'll be back my MFP start weight about 220 lb after the baby, and I can start all over again.
    My ultimate goal is around 150ish. I haven't been at that weight for quite some time, so I am not sure how I'll look at that point.
  • xXkmpXx
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 130. I am happy with my weight and feel it is a good amount for my frame. My goal is to just get seriously toned up (which might actually increase my weight because of muscle, but I am ok with that).
  • Qcassie
    Qcassie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'8" here
    Highest was 180 lbs
    Just getting back into things, and I bet my current weight is about 160 (I will weigh after the holiday)
    My first goal will be 150, which is where my body really fights me and I plateau
    I am most comfortable between 142-145. I tried to reach 140, but it just didn't happen. I have back/hip/neck issues, and it is hard to do much more than walking, elliptical, some bike riding on paved trails, and therapy type exercises.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'9" and my highest weight was 220lbs (could have been more, tbh, but I stopped weighing), current weight is 147.6lbs and my goal weight is 126lbs - I have a very small frame...poor little wrists are only 5.25" lol