When to eat? a little help :/

First, please don't narc on my "dirty eating" (opposed to clean).

Now my question, if I am eating a big breakfast (high calorie) and eat a really late lunch (I eat about 3:30pm) do i still need to eat dinner? I work 645am-7pm and I'm not hungry when i get home and i usually go straight to bed.

I know a few of my recent days I've been under 1200 calories (opps). That wasn't intentional, I'm just not hungry when I get home. If I eat more calories during my lunch to bring me UP to at least 1300 can I skip dinner? Or does my body need me to eat SOMETHING at 7:40pm (when I get home)?

I'm taking baby steps here. At least I'm watching what I'm eating.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    This really is a sticky subject.

I've read many articles where they say eat when you are hungry, and force feeding not always the best thing for you to do. Me personally, if one day I am not hungry ever I still try to eat a small meal, or if I'm not hungry I just skip a meal.

Like one 'cheat' meal wont hurt you, skipping a few isnt bad either. A majority of cultures fast, and I imagine 1/2 of them dont count calories.

So generally if I am trying to lose wieght, I dont eat when I am not hungry. I do suggest stocking up on healthy foods if you're not going to eat, to ensure you get enough vitamines.

One day I wont be hungry and the next I'm an animal.
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Ya, I'm kinda in the same boat except reverse. Not hungry at all during the day (making myself eat string cheese which I normally love but just at night) and then don't get to eat till really late. Today I'm going to eat my string cheese, then before I leave work have a serving of peanuts. Then try and eat dinner before 7 (going to be so hard). I feel like that is okay because if I force myself to eat when I'm not hungry then I will binge and it has taken me years to stop so I don't want that problem to start again. I'll be looking at comments because I want to know as well.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Schedule your meals such that it fits your lifestyle, personal preferences, and gym performance.
  • Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're full. Listen to your body's cues not anyone's advice or a diet article's platitudes.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Eat whenever you're actually hungry, try to eat healthier foods and hit the 1200 mark if you can
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Consistently eating so little is probably not a good idea, especially if you don't have much to lose. If you don't like eating late in the day, then why not just eat more earlier on? Just takes a little planning. You don't have to stuff yourself full of a large quantity of food, if you're struggling to get enough then just try to eat more calorie-dense foods. There are lots of "healthy", high calorie foods, and if you're not bothered about eating "clean", then you have even more options. Aim for things that are higher in fats, for example. Eat a bigger lunch, eat more snacks, have more drinks that have calories. You might even find that a drink is easier to stomach than food when you get home in the evening.