Do you eat all of your calories or leave a little?

Options
I usually try to eat all of them but sometimes I know I could easily leave 50-100 calories a day. Do you find yourself losing more if you leave don't eat your full calories?

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I eat all of mine, I see no reason not to. I still lose perfectly fine.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Since everything I record is an estimate, I know that the figure for my days calories isn't exact. So a plus or minus 100 calories is fine by me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I save a few and donate them to the homeless
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Some days less, some days more! :-)
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    ehh, i usually leave 100-150 for random low calorie sweetners, diet pop, low calorie condiments and other inconsequencial things im to lazy to log.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I leave some most of the time as margin of error, but if I'm hungry I eat even if I go over.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Some days less, some days more! :-)

Ditto!!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    depends on the day. but I don't eat my exercise calories so there is typically a surplus
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I save a few and donate them to the homeless

Bahaha! I am not sure if this should have made me laugh - but it did.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I see calories I'm all

tumblr_mbjlpeCAEc1ri9yduo1_500.gif
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I usually ate more than I should, over my limit. I still lose some weight cos I'm still under maintenance but slower. Me likes eat too much. :(
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I usually ate more than I should, over my limit. I still lose some weight cos I'm still under maintenance but slower. Me likes eat too much. :(

So does your kitty, apparently.

BTW I laugh every time I see it!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Generally all my "food" but never all my "exercise"...
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I tend to try to leave at least 500 calories left each day. I've read that a pound of fat is 3,500 calories and if I wanted to lose a pound a week that would mean I'd have to cut 500 calories out of my diet. It seems to be working for me... except for the fact that it's the Holiday season and I'm screwing up majorly. I'm trying to be good but I ate about 500 calories in Milk Duds. So depressed.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I leave them if I'm not hungry because I guarantee you there will be some point in the week where I'll eat a little more. It all balances out in the end.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I dont most days and then when Ive added on exercise calories I can have between 100-500 left but I must be ok as I dont get the message about not eating enough which causes starvation mode etc etc after I complete my food diary for the day.
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you entered into your profile to lose 1 lb a week, that 500 calories is already accounted for. You should make sure your profile is set up correctly, then eat all the calories you are given for the day. What you do with exercise calories (if any) is up for debate. I eat about half of mine back.
    I tend to try to leave at least 500 calories left each day. I've read that a pound of fat is 3,500 calories and if I wanted to lose a pound a week that would mean I'd have to cut 500 calories out of my diet. It seems to be working for me... except for the fact that it's the Holiday season and I'm screwing up majorly. I'm trying to be good but I ate about 500 calories in Milk Duds. So depressed.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I purposely set my calories 100 higher than I typically plan to eat. Then I can eat all of my calories without worrying if I go over by a few since it won't turn into a red number. It's a mental thing for me. When I had it set to exactly my calories, I always tried to stay under, now I always eat my calories just fine.
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    If I'm hungry I eat them but typically I don't
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you entered into your profile to lose 1 lb a week, that 500 calories is already accounted for. You should make sure your profile is set up correctly, then eat all the calories you are given for the day. What you do with exercise calories (if any) is up for debate. I eat about half of mine back.

I don't think I set up my profile in that way at all. I should look into that.