Why I am NOT AFRAID of Thanksgiving

Options
13»

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am having a Chamorro Thanksgiving this year and yes..I will be eating and even dessert...All guilt free too.. I probably won't track it because I don't feel like building up recipes for each of these items..
  • pickledginger
    Options
    The only thing I am worried about tomorrow is hidden gluten. But even if it ambushes me, I'll get over it.

I will eat whatever I want (of what seems to qualify as edible), and enjoy the good food and good company, and log it all, and get on with my life. Friday, I don't expect to be very hungry.
  • Tabithagulett
    Options
    I am eating every thing I would normally eat if I wasn't trying to lose weight just in moderation and watching the portion size I do eat. Then taking my 2 mile walk to burn off any unneeded calories...I am also using the calorie counter to help me watch what I am putting in. There is no reason to be afraid to eat. Just need to be in control of it. I am ready for some great food and time with the family..
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It it just my mom and I..and about a week ago I thought I'd be working, so we didn't make any plans.

We are going to dinner & a movie. I looked at the restaurant menu/nutrition ahead of time and I know what I'm going to order.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I had to eat on Monday night because I had to work weird hours the rest of the week, including today. I ate whatever I wanted and then just resumed my normal eating the next day. The biggest point is not to let a holiday turn into something that will totally undermine you. I think the hardest thing with maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight is not letting a planned or unplanned lapse go beyond one day. Make a plan for the NEXT day. Plan out what you will eat tomorrow if you need to. I think that's even more important than planning what you eat today.:wink:
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm also eating whatever I want - but this morning was my first Turkey Day 4-Miler. Food tastes better when you've worked hard and it's only for the holiday. Tomorrow we go back to counting and weighing everything. But in the meantime, we've given our metabolism a huge shot in the arm.

Nummmmm. And I'm eating dessert, too. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    No fear. I went running this morning, but even if I hadn't I wouldn't worry. I'm good every other day - Thanksgiving is my fav holiday and I won't feel guilty for enjoying the meal. :laugh:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I logged 3000 cals for the day and called it a day. I ate absolutely everything I wanted at dinner and 3 hours on from it, I still have my pants unbuttoned and I DO NOT CARE. It was AWESOME! :love: I haven't done anything like this even one time since I started logging on July 28, I have lost 30 pounds, and like others have said in various Thanksgiving threads, I didn't get fat from Thanksgiving dinner once a year! I got fat from stuffing my face every day and never getting off the couch.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Are people also frightened of Christmas? Easter? Halloween?

Is this common? I don't think I saw half as many fear postings about those other holidays but maybe I missed it?
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well said folks. I've been getting a little tired of all the fearful posts. Dreading what the run up to Christmas will be like on the forums, especially from the peeps over here in the UK who don't have Thanksgiving to worry about...just ENJOY. It's once a year!!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'll be fasting and hating life tomorrow. and possibly saturday but today, let the feast begin!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    <
    Here's my first plate of food...go ahead judge me!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Woke up earlier than planned. Lifted for about an hour. Went back to bed. Prepped and cooked food. Ate all the food. *you are here* Nap. Eat more of the food. Drink. Sleep. Oh, and of course, the whole day will be logged.