Who's your arch-nemesis?

Options
Who's your nutritional arch-nemesis?

Mine is... <pause for dramatic effect> ...

:explode: :explode: :explode: SODIUM-MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!:explode: :explode: :explode:
KAAAAAAAAAAHN1.gif

One week ago I hit my Stage 2 goal - below 260 lbs before Thanksgiving! I decided to keep dropping to give myself some extra breathing room and bottomed-out at 257.4lb 4 days ago. Fast forward to today (1 day before T-day) and I'm back above 262! That's 18 days of progress wiped out! :mad: I've reviewed the past week of diary entries and the only obvious suspect is yesterday's high sodium intake. My cardio burn and water intake have been about the same as usual. I haven't exceeded my calories on any day, but I came close a couple of days.

A similar thing happened about 2 months ago and I attribute that (mostly) to sodium. It was a splurge day and I exceeded my calories by about 60% and my sodium by around 300%! It took me about 2 weeks to lose that 7 lbs. Yesterday was different because I did NOT exceed calories, had plenty of water, and exceeding sodium by 'only' ~90%.
Enough ranting and belly-aching... I'm doing something about starting today: high fiber, lots of water, VERY low sodium! As I compose this (~6pm), I've had 2 meals for about 1,000 calories but only 59mg of sodium! :love: My dinner will have more sodium than that, but I'll probably drink a quart or more of water at the same time. I plan to repeat the same time for the 1st 2 meals tomorrow before eating T-day dinner. Let's see whether I can get back on track quicker than September's 2 week derailment!

This was my lunch today and likely tomorrow:
:love::drinker: :love: :drinker: :love: :drinker: :love: :drinker:
appleorangeplatter-1.jpg

*Edited to adjust formatting*

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This fat bald guy who looks like The Kingpin. I call him "The Kingpin".
  • Kbjust4me
    Options
    Sugar. No question. How are there skinny people in a world full of brownies, pies and cupcakes? Add to that the fact that I love to bake and I'm toast. Sugar is my nemesis, my kryptonite, my CRACK. Whatever you want to call it, it all boils down to BAD.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Soft, delicious, slightly sweet white bread. Yumm it's just so chewy and soft and amazing, like a pillow for your mouth :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    A former 'friend' of mine. I thrive on my pseudo-hatred for her. Actually I am over it but I have found no replacement!

YET!........
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    A former 'friend' of mine. I thrive on my pseudo-hatred for her. Actually I am over it but I have found no replacement!
    YET!........
    @BondBomb,
    Did she wear an eye patch, constantly stroke her Persian cat while monologuing about her plans for world domination? [/obvious 'Bond' joke]
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    Don't knock yourself about 2 or 3 pounds! If it wasn't for the Thanksgiving meals I bet you would be back at your goal before the end of next week!
    I'm almost at my goal, and noticed that it's harder to stay on the dietary track when you're this close. My main nemesis is chocolate, but any snack food will do. I cannot resist the chips or christmas baking either if it's in the house. I'm hoping I will make it through the holiday minefield without gaining more than 3 or 4 pounds. (I traditionally gain 8 - 10, but NOT THIS YEAR, dang it!)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Food wise, it's cottage cheese. Love it and used to eat a container in a day. Then I started getting serious about tracking sodium and the maths told me my beloved cottage cheese container is 2700 mg of sodium. I haven't had any in 9 months.

People wise, it's anyone who thinks insulting me or picking at my diet will motivate me. Back off, man. These wheat-based products are the only thing keeping a spoon out of your eye socket.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Aunt Flo!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you or I would have to reveal my true identity.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My arch-nemesis is Family at Special Occasions... Was this suppose to be about food? I guess that counts too.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    mine is donuts!! :sad: i haven't had one since last january :cry:
  • lewcompton
    Options
    YET!........
    @BondBomb,
    Did she wear an eye patch, constantly stroke her Persian cat while monologuing about her plans for world domination? [/obvious 'Bond' joke]
    Or extreme Mike Myers wanna be...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    YET!........
    @BondBomb,
    You know I don't think I have ever actually seen a James Bond movie.
  • lewcompton
    Options
    No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die! - Auric
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Chairface Chippendale
  • SammyLou28
    Options
    Bill Cosby
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    My hubby.:wink: I love him to bits, but he has such a sweet tooth. It is hard to resist the junk when he is so obviously enjoying it. But right now he is also trying to lose a few pounds so it isn't so bad.:laugh: I guess it is actually SUGAR. Especially when it is combined with CHOCOLATE.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
    Ice Cream
    Possibly popcorn with ice cream on it.
  • lewcompton
    Options
    Popcorn
    Ice Cream
    Possibly popcorn with ice cream on it.
    The Green Bay Packers are a close second... LOL
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My hubby.:wink: I love him to bits, but he has such a sweet tooth. It is hard to resist the junk when he is so obviously enjoying it. But right now he is also trying to lose a few pounds so it isn't so bad.:laugh: I guess it is actually SUGAR. Especially when it is combined with CHOCOLATE.
    I can so relate! My husbands nick name around town is the candy man. Every time he goes into a store he buys a big box of candy or a bag or dove dark chocolates. Then when he gets home he sits next to me and says "want some?" while waving the box in my face. UGH!! I usually take one or two of whatever it is. In the past I would have had a lot more.