Core exercises...

Options
Hey all-

Looking for some real good, challenging core exercises. I have a relatively flat stomach, but it's not nearly as toned as I'd like. I also am looking for some good oblique exercises. I've posted this as a part of other threads, but I figured I'd try here and see what's suggested. I know that I can google this and get tons and tons of results, but I'm just asking what has worked the best for YOU! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    yoga and pilates
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do something called "Burpees" and I can feel it through my whole body. Here are the general instructions, but you can look it up on the web for videos on how to do them and such:

Burpees are when you start from a stand, crouch down on your hands and kick your feet out to a push-up stance (or plank), do a push up, bring your feet back up so you are squat then jump up reaching your hands over your head and get back into a standing position (make sure you bend your knees on the way down so not to injure them). Repeat

They recommend about 10-12 reps. By the 9th my jumps aren't quite as high as my first, but they are definitely improving. It is both a cardio and a strength that uses just about every muscle.

Good luck on the toning!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred with good abs and lots of planks.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    I am loving the ab and core workout I get from my Slim in 6 workouts. I do Slim & 6-Pack and then Cardio Core Express every other day. I am almost 50, and my core is in the best shape it's ever been in my whole life.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:
    http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/Slimin6?referringRepId=8062