options right now.

Options
I'm definitely lacking protein today and everything in my mom's house is pretty spoken for to use for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so omw to work in a few, I'm planning on getting something to eat. I have about 500 cals left on my goal today, what's a great low-cal very high protein on-the-go option that I can get at a gas station or Wendy's (the only two places in the lil town that are open between here and work)?

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I like Clif Builder Bars - at 270 calories, they aren't exactly "low calorie", but they fit in your calorie budget and have 20g protein. I eat one as a meal pretty often and it keeps me full for hours.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I am slightly addicted to protein bars; detour are my current favorite. You could also get the on-the-go tuna packs that they tend to have at convenience stores! Always a healthy option.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wendys - chilli, or grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo or mayo based sauce though bbq may be ok,

if you want something smaller the ready tuna packed in water kits with some crackers are my go to snack (I always have in my bag) or cheese sticks (you can find in any gas station). Mixed nuts are also good but not low calorie.

You can also try some protein shakes if your not really hungry just want some protein to keep full - muscle milk is pretty good
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Idk why I forgot about muscle milk, I love muscle milk...I think that's what I'll get tonight. :)
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili