lets compare calves

Options
My calves are huge, 18.25" of mostly muscle. Would like to see if anyone else can compare. Lol. My boyfriends thigh is the same size ad my calf

Replies

• christyjo37
    Options
    Anyone
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    When I started out in the 215-230 range my calves were 20-21 inches.

I'm 150ish now and they are in the 16 inch range.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge, 18.25" of mostly muscle. Would like to see if anyone else can compare. Lol. My boyfriends thigh is the same size ad my calf

That's a lot of muscle. Are you a body builder?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

what makes you think it's all muscle??

what do you squat?
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My thigh is 19" and the top, 18.5" mid thigh so Im guessing my calves at in the 17-16 range
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My calves are like around 19" last I checked. Mostly fat. :P
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    my calves are at 17.5 and im 192 and 5'2"
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i'm 5ft10 and 155lb and my calves are massive theyre 16in. Im trying hard to decrease them so i can buy some boots
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. Last time I measured my calves, they were 15". Down from 16". I've lost 10" off my waist but only 1" off my calves.

I have this thing for boots. Except I can't wear them because my calves are too big. I've always been convinced they are the hugest calves in all of calfdom. Apparently not. So, why can't I find boots that fit?

Oh and FWIW, I'm 4' 10 1/2" and have 20-21" thighs.
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Im glad you put this up because I reckon I have disproportionately huge calves. I will measure in the morning as its 11pm here in new zealand and I cant be bothered getting out of bed : )
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    13.75" round the biggest bit, however would trade it for some extra loss 'round the old gut ;P

Edit. Also FWIW 5'5" 133.5 pounds 20.5" thighs
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6, 170lbs and my calves are 12.5 inches...but I love them because they are the most defined part of my body (at the moment)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LottieLou13/view/definitions-i-has-them-409881
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Bird legs here. 11 1/2". :(
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and about 165 lbs. My calves are 15.5 with some pretty good definition. I usually like the way they look unless I'm trying to find boots. So glad I'm not the only one with this problem!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

what makes you think it's all muscle??

I was idly wondering the same - unless you can see the calves are two, it's not all muscle.

baby-calves.jpg

Oops. Wrong image.

05.jpg

:bigsmile:
  • christyjo37
    Options

That's a lot of muscle. Are you a body builder?
    no I just naturally have big thighs and calves, there's a little fat but not much.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    measured mine 2 nights ago thought they were 15" but nope they are 16"
  • ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My calves at the widest point are 32 cm (12 1/2 inches)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. Last time I measured my calves, they were 15". Down from 16". I've lost 10" off my waist but only 1" off my calves.

I have this thing for boots. Except I can't wear them because my calves are too big. I've always been convinced they are the hugest calves in all of calfdom. Apparently not. So, why can't I find boots that fit?

Oh and FWIW, I'm 4' 10 1/2" and have 20-21" thighs.

Mine are 15" and I have a pair of Doc Marten's that fit amazing...love those boots.

Edited to say: I just remeasured my calves and apparently they've gotten smaller...14 inches, but I know those doc's will fit a 15" calf.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Mine are 14in, but I don't know what they were when I was at my heaviest weight :)