One less lonely Girl...

Options
Hey guys, My name is Shinaya, I have had weight issues ever since I can remember. I suffer day and night with constant ugly reminders that I am fat and fat people do not deserve to live better.I am 24, I work in a retail store as an assistant manager. My lifestyle is busy and I do neglect my self. This year has been very hard for me because I have heard so much regarding my weight from people at malls to everyday customers. :'( I've been wished mother's day because I look like a mom of four or someone asking what month am I!? It's a very harsh phase in life for me I being 24 living a day to day life is not my idea of my once only given life! I want to change for better for my self. I'll be 25 next Nov I want to celebrate it larger than life! I want to take up a challenge and win it. :) I have tried losing weight and did well ,but then let it drop just because it was an easy option. *sigh* None the less I am here because I heard so much of the success stories and people having positive views about using myfitnesspal and its role in their life. I came here with the same approach. I hope I find support and motivation to get back on track! ^-^

Replies

• imondrugz
    Options
    Added you as a friend !! I was pretty big myself before because of my super busy life and i'll tell you this YOU CAN DO IT !!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I worked as a registered nurse before becoming disabled and went through similar experiences. Who can take an obese nurse seriously? Anyway, I physically feel better now and can do more than I could a yr. ago. You can do this and with a group of supportive friends you can do it and have support along the way. Please feel free to add me.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you've had to hear all those rude comments from strangers. I've been here 5 days and I'm already addicted and excited to continue on my journey to a better me!

Add me if you'd like and we can help keep each other accountable!
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have found lots of good support and encouragement in the 60 days I've been on here. And the accountability and tracking is nice for me. It's more fun with friends, hard to do it by yourself, at least in my experience. Add me if you like!
  • Icanredefinemyself
    Options
    Nice to virtually meet you!! I used to be a "mall rat" and it's tough working in a mall environment- especially with short breaks and a food court there. I know how it can be! But you are already doing the right thing by using this tool, coming to this community where we are all in the same boat. Next year we are all going to look so hawt and be so healthy! YAY!
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    You have wonderful goal and you are at the right place to get support!Looking forward to be your fittness pal.Good luck!