Staple meals

Options
damnedlady
damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
What are your staple meals? You know - the ones you usually eat at least once a week and turn to when you don't know what to make. I tend to turn to wraps with veggies and beans/hummus/seeds + casseroles with root vegetables and beans or lentils.

Replies

• stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is really the only time I have a "staple" meal:

1.) Cheerios with almond milk & Stevia;

2.) Yoplait fat-free yogurt mixed with 1% cottage cheese; or

3.) Oatmeal with almond milk & Stevia.

I add blueberries or strawberries to any of the above when I can.

I used to have a staple dinner of the following, but got too tired of it:

1.) Blackened chicken with 1/2 cup rice and a vegetable; or

2.) Blackened or baked salmon with 1/2 cup rice and a vegetable.
  • HayleyHat
    Options
    I often make a vegan chilli, with lentils instead of mince and lots of veggies. I'll make a big pot of it and we eat it over a couple of days.

I make shakshuka a lot too - make up a spiced tomato sauce, then crack in some eggs. I'm not keen on the eggs personally so have it with bread or rice, but my other half and daughter go mad over the poached eggs.

If it's just me I'm feeding I'll usually make wraps with greens (cabbage leaves, chard, lettuce), and fill with shredded vegetables + hummus or a bean dip. Om nom nom.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have oats (prepared with water) mixed with half a mashed banana and cinnamon

For dinners I usually make big batches of clean satay chicken or chicken and vegetable bake. It works out well because I can spread them over several meals :)
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Breakfast/lunch/snack:
    Oatmeal porridge
    Greek yoghurt with lots of fruit
    Crisp bread

Dinner is more difficult for me to figure out... but usually boiled veggies with whatever I can find in the cupboards is what I eat for dinner or a sallad of some sort(I love pasta sallad, chicken sallad or olives and feta).
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and yogurt bfast
    Chicken sandwiches
    Almonds for snacks
    Fake crab on salad or chicken for dinner
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    At college I am at the mercy of the dining hall and whatever they are serving so when they aren't serving anything I can/ want to eat I have a few staples with some constant things they have (always with fresh fruit and a dairy):

1. Tuna in pita with steamed veggie or spinach, side of corn or beans, guac or hummus on it
    2. Fajita style Chicken strips with spinach, corn, salsa, and guacamole and whole wheat roll on side
    3. Tuna, guac, and brown rice with steamed veggies

Also, because in the morning I am usually too tired to make decisions I rotate between two b-fast
    1. Kashi go lean original with skim milk, english muffin, almonds, peanut butter, and prunes
    2. Quick grits with activia light, english muffin, almonds, peanut butter and prunes